Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  frame rust

frame rust

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 962
replies 4
following 4

parkerq   +1y
Hey guys a couple weeks ago I bought a 86 b2000 and I bought it knowing he had patch welded the frame behind the cab to fix the old rotted out spots on the frame. I just discovered that more needs to be fixed right underneath the passenger door. I'm worried that If I put another patch when I go to get the truck inspected they will say it's been patched all the way accross the frame and won't pass it. Any ideas on how to fix this with a small budget?
dan woodland   +1y
Find a donor truck with a good frame that doesn't run... Maybe you can check with your inspection station to see how much patching you can get away with.
and3rzon   +1y
If you're lucky, you can find a good frame for cheap from a local junkyard.
axel breaker earl   +1y
I am parting out a 1989 B2200 regular cab truck and it has a good frame under it. Going to pull engine and trans today and do some more dismantling.........I'm in north central Florida........and I assume your in the great white northern rustbelt, right?

Anyway, I could drive north for a couple hundred miles or so if the fuel is paid for of course........let me know......but if your truck is a long bed or cab plus, this won't work for you.
parkerq   +1y
Thanks for the help guys! And I would be interested in your b2200 but I have and extended cab and I'm all the way up in Canada so it's quite the drive but I extremely appriciate the offer! Either tomorrow or Sunday I'm heading out to look I found that has low milage and doesn't run so it's cheap but once again thanks for all the help!
Page 1 of 1