Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  LED WIRING QUESTIONS

LED WIRING QUESTIONS

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1064
replies 8
following 5

robert_paulsen   +1y
i know that the wiring for a import truck compared to a domestic truck when it comes to leds is diffrent i have made copied harnesses from avs for my own stuff like s10s etc, however its been so long since ive messed with a mazda wiring wise, i was wondering if anybody had or has a basic layout of what needs made for wiring of leds i know its like a 4 wire harness to the two wire. any help is great.
sincitylocal   +1y
It only takes two wires. A positive and a negative. Why is that difficult?
robert_paulsen   +1y
actually it takes a bit more then that as you have to have a series for relays, resistors or other inline items inside your wiring that controls the voltage that sends the power to the led tail light import is a standard 4 wire to 2 wire convertor for leds needed. its semi complex but without the knowledge of what resistors, capictors etc that make it work as needed so that the leds dim, brighten, flash etc.
robert_paulsen   +1y
id rather not pay 65$ plus shipping if i can do it myself.
ulrich   +1y
Where are you trying to put LEDs? Stop/tail and running light bulbs are a direct swap. Just remove and replace the bulbs. Hella easy.

I skipped the turn signals, because they blink ugly, and you need resistors. Also, unless you're a retiree in the passing lane, they're not on enough for the current draw to matter.
dangersoulylow   +1y
actually it's three wires.... positive, negative, and one for your switch.
kovz   +1y
The only LED's that require a resistor are the turn signals. All the other bulbs, including interior dome light are direct swaps.

I have LED reverse, parking, license plate, dome light, AND I did the front turn signals.

Just wire the resistor in PARALLEL with the bulb so it sees it as a higher load.

" target="_blank

or

" target="_blank
robert_paulsen   +1y
ok i apparently failed to provide enough information on this topic, i am not talking about placing bulbs into sockets or retrofitting bulbs or led sections into the stock tail light housing. i am talking about flush mount leds like the type you would use once you shaved your tail lights, they require a tac module which is shown above at the avs link.
dangersoulylow   +1y
ooooooo
Page 1 of 1