threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  What bumper is this???

What bumper is this???

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1741
replies 10
following 4

low_life77   +1y
Anybody happen to know what bumper this is or how it is made (if it is in fact a two piece)??? Really love the way this looks and would love to buy/fab one for my truck!

Thanks guys
post photo
primeisfine   +1y
It was a Toyota bumper from Grant. It was literally just the two metal halves (upper/lower) of a factory bumper and a ton of mud over the front. When I pulled it off to reprime the truck, it had cracked out everywhere. I started trying to fix it and realized that it literally was solid mud all over it. I threw it in the scrap pile.

I'm assuming you got that picture from me based on the title. Do I know you? I know a lot of the Mazda guys in the Lincoln area, I used to live there.
low_life77   +1y

I figured thats what it was but thought I would ask. So instead on just filling the gap between the two yota pieces with filler would it be possible to just weld them together or fab a say like an 18 gauge piece of steel around the seem and then fill over it? And wow small world man I use to live there as well. But naw I don't think we have met although I do know a lot of the mini guys in the Lincoln/Columbus area. I just found that pic in an old forum and was really digging the bumper! I'm going to be doing the FE3 swap this winter and boost it so I'm looking for something exactly like you're old bumper to place my front mount in. Thanks a lot bro.

Chance
spacemonkee23   +1y
I had a two piece toyota all metal one that I welded together and added some extensions to the end to meet the fender, then bondo had it for about 5 years... but sadly its destroyed now.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Smoked second gen RX7 turn signals.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
low_life77   +1y
Sweet alright thanks man, that's pretty much exactly what I want to do. Only I am going to stretch it down to add steel between the two pieces maybe and inch or so. And then do what you did weld it up grind it smooth fill it and prime it! Need it to house my FMI when I boost it this winter. This should work great.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
Spacemonkey had the 2wd bumper while the other guy had a 4wd bumper. The 4wd bumper is taller and more popular on mini's.
primeisfine   +1y
Here's a few more. The statement about it being 4wd was correct.
post photo
post photo
post photo
spacemonkee23   +1y
Yes! I went 2wd bumper because it was thinner as I am lifted and wanted the clearance. For lower valence use the 4x4 bumper
low_life77   +1y
Alright thanks to all of you now I know the exact bumper to get to make this happen and have plenty of pics to go off. Thanks a lot guys!
low_life77   +1y

Thanks for the pics man. Now I got a pretty good idea to make this happen regardless of if I go with the FE3 or stick with a built F2 they will both be boosted either way so this bumper will make it much easier on me to have enough air flow to the FMI. Plus I love the way it looks with it being smooth no bumper lights and open center.