threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Phantom grill questions???

Phantom grill questions???

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 2318
replies 8
following 4

low_life77   +1y
I have been thinking about possibly doing a phantom grill on my 93 B2200 unless I do a front end conversion. Anyways my question is would a 91-93 S-10 phantom or a 86-97 Hardbody phantom work with my grill with minor modification or would it be a big hassle? The price difference is about 120 bucks on ebay verses buying the Mazda phantom. Just trying to save a little green thanks!
Post was last edited on Apr 30, 2014 04:04. This post has been edited 1 times.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
Do they give dimensions? Could also get a full size one to cut down or a Toyota one like I have.
thread post photo
low_life77   +1y
They don't give the measurements so I emailed them to find out they both look fairly close though, however I think the Nissan would be a closer fit. These are just the grill insert not the grill it's self which is why the Mazda one is much more expensive because it is from TREX comes assembled in a chrome grill with clear corners but it's also 300 bucks. The Nissan insert is 150 and the S-10 is 100 so I figured I could save some money if one is close and just modify a chrome grill that I have already and recess the headlights. IDK just a thought.

Here's the Nissan phantom insert...

And here's the S-10...
post photo
post photo
mymmeryloss   +1y
Shit. Either one should work. Get one and try it out!
chaserjohndoe   +1y
Go for the Nissan one, should work better. Won't have a slight crease in the middle.
mymmeryloss   +1y

Yeah. Tru dat
low_life77   +1y

Damn I didn't even notice the slight "bulge" to the S-10 grill until you pointed it out cuz yeah I don't think that one will fit right without a lot of modifications. Good looking out bro!!!

And mymmeryloss I think what I am going to do since I cant seem to make up my mind is with my stock black grill I'm going to do the modifications needed to get the factory Ranger headlights put in and may or may not attempt to do a ranger grill and bumper conversion. And with the chrome grill I have cut it out for the Nissan phantom and more then likely a 4runner front bumper with a grill insert in the bumper. That way I will have two different faces I can swap out haha.
Post was last edited on Apr 30, 2014 09:04. This post has been edited 1 times.
mymmeryloss   +1y
Sounds good.
mjavy7   +1y
Did you get it?
Page 1 of 1