Page 1 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  flat vs bubble hood?

flat vs bubble hood?

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1796
replies 16
following 5

coloradolowlife   +1y
I was wondering if a flat hood would fit on a 91 b2600?(no body drop stock intake and cross) more of a wonder because of parts availability...not having much luck finding a bubblehood locally
mymmeryloss   +1y
I believe it fits if i remember correctly.
Cusser   +1y

I've got a red bubble hood available in Phoenix.
coloradolowlife   +1y
i figured the bubble was to clear the manifold and its associated piping compensating for motor roll under load etc.... Thank you for the heads up cusser ill keep that in mind.....i may just say screw it cut the supports frame work off around my fold ...do the body work and weldit all back together....but i wanted to wait to hear from someone that has done it etc if possible first....ill prob buy a hood from mymemoryloss if i can use a flat...the drive to his house is a bit closer lol
sincitylocal   +1y
Flat hoods fit the 2600i with no interference.
coloradolowlife   +1y
Thank you SinCity
mymmeryloss   +1y

Thats what i thought. The supports on the underside are the same on both styles of hood.
coloradolowlife   +1y
Sweet....good to know guys thanx
sincitylocal   +1y
I believe the only reason for the bubble hood was to set the B2600i apart from the crowd. Much like the embossed tail gate was only available on the B2000.
coloradolowlife   +1y
Reminds me of my 84 720pickup.... only yr with a lip over bed and vertical taillights....hard to find lenses and such simply because it was a distinctive variation...cool..but a pia at times....guess I'll be pulling out the dollies and such first to at least try and five this hood first