threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Truck bed dimensions - will factory truck bed liner fit '84?

Truck bed dimensions - will factory truck bed liner fit '84?

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1152
replies 7
following 3

roflwaffle   +1y
Was at pick n pull again today, found an 84 with some parts i need but couldn't fit in my car.
Noticed a later b2000 had the factory truck bed liner in great shape.. seeing as how the place wants only a few bucks for it, I figured I'd see if it would fit my truck..

The '84 is
86 long
57 wide
16 high

Anyone help me out with the dimensions on truck bed dimensions for a 1996 and for a 1987 (normal beds)?

I do a lot of moving of crap with my current truck, so a liner would help keep some of the junk off my bed.. I guess same goes for compatibility with truck caps, would be good to know if they'd fit (but i can just measure those methinks, but easier for searching online)
chaserjohndoe   +1y
I currently have a tonneau cover from a 98 Tacoma on my 90 B22 and also have a topper for it from a 90 Toy truck. The beds had very similar dimensions. Some get ones from Rangers to fit but don't quite look right (imo). Just measure and see if its the same.
roflwaffle   +1y
Thanks, I guess I do need to go up there anyway to pick up the window glass. I was going to try to see if it would fit in my car but I might as well bring the truck anyway. I'm fearing that the wheel wells will be different or i'll miss something in getting it to fit right.

cant bring the b to check fitment in the parking lot as it's not yet roadworthy yet
dan woodland   +1y
Curious, where are you that you are finding so many early 80s Bs?

roflwaffle   +1y
Seattle.

One yard had a 78 and an 81, bout an hour away. Many same parts, interiors totally different. Engines slightly different, but many parts interchange. they were mostly picked over, at least for parts I needed. Another had an 82, which is pretty much exact, except for some little stuff, like the exhaust shield is different, and probably some stuff i didnt notice. That yard an hour away in a different direction. But, it has only been on the lot for 2 days, so I got pretty much first pick on the stuff.. lucky me.

Anyway, now I think I've picked over all the ones within a 100 mile radius. There's a few down in oregon, but I'm not sure I have anything I need worth the drive. Mostly went to pick up trim and interior bits and parts in better shape..

Anyway, I measured my truck and went to look at the factory truck bed. It looked pretty close, but hard to figure if the wheel wells would fit, so i carried it half way across the yard and plopped it in the 82 (a long bed, but works for what i needed to test). And... no.. the wheel wells are different enough it wouldn't go in. Pity as it was a super nice factory bed liner. At least it wasn't a wasted trip.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
the 86-93 parts aren't going to fit the pre 85 mazda/courier clones. nothing is the same not even the engines. I didn't notice that sorry. toppers and covers should still work though.
roflwaffle   +1y

I've heard the heads are the same, but I can't verify.

I still check out the later ones anyway since I'm there. I did grab a lug wrench off one, as the jacks/wrench are the same I'm guessing wheel lug pattern is same as well, though the yards always pull the wheels here, not sure where they end up. Also grabbed a gas release knob, it fit, but not well. Some parts may work in a pinch.. might see if i can get some shiney badges off a later one too, even if holes don't line up, you can obviously make it work.

I'm wondering if i can grab a bench from a later year, though i dont think they continued to make tan interiors.. but probably easier to find one in better shape.

i figured the truck beds might be same dimensions.. I mean, a datsun pickup has same bed dimensions as mine, within a small amount, and wheel wells line up, so i was hopeful a later mazda would be same. anyway, bed didn't fit, so :/
chaserjohndoe   +1y
wheels are swappable. they did make tan interiors in the 86-93's. other than that its a very select bit of parts that will fit. the heads are different, exhaust and intake are on opposite sides. almost bought an 82 with a bent frame and had the trucks side by side.
Page 1 of 1