threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Once more i need your help.( electrical)

Once more i need your help.( electrical)

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 895
replies 4
following 3

xxchromeghostxx   +1y
First off, i'm pretty sure it's the weak 70 amp alternator causing my issues. Just want some conformation or opinions.

Well, i have been running just fine for past few days no issues starting or having low battery. So today i re-connected my amber foglights and hooked up my new ( white) foglights, so this morning i run full lights radio and both sets of lights for a good while driving about 45 min drive. No issues once stopped and re-start. Later this evening i picked a buddy up and ended up driving almost 2 hours with full lights/radio on, was raining so also had wipers going. Almost home my radio started flickering and stopping. so i popped the face off and once i got home my battery wouldn't even click or try cranking the motor

The second set of lights was hooked into the fusebox in the slot marked ( door ) had a 15 amp fuse. I unhooked it just see what it did and it worked the interior lights when door is opened. The lights came with a connector that could be slid in alongside the fuse i)t's 15 amp fuse). So would this be enough drain to not cause the battery to keep a solid charge? or what just trying figure this thing out it's driving me nuts.
sincitylocal   +1y
Go to autozone and have them check your charging system. It's free. Then report back.
norcallumps   +1y
you really should be running a 30 amp relay to those fog lights. But as SinCity said, go get alternator checked
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
I've had a full system test run already once before when i was having these issues. Sorry i'm not very good with the electrical systems, other than running a stereo correctly. Why would the relay be so important? Also the full system checked fine a week ago but i'll go run another check once more.

Now, thinking back yesterday morning just checking fluids and making sure none of the new wires i'd installed where loose or anything. They checked out good all connections still snug etc. But checking the back of the alternator ( new 8 gauge wire to battery.) I did knock against the alt belt and it moved more than it should.

At this point, well i should have tightened it i suppose. Just thinking back i didn't really give it a second thought. but walking out just a moment ago it is rather loose. BUT now that being said it's been atleast 5 days since i did all the new wiring and such to the alt and running the foglights. i hadn't connected either set until yesterday. Reason being i wanted to see if this exact problem persisted ( this is how i know the system checked good ) idk if the loose belt would be the cause after 5 days of regular driving with using headlights and wipers on some, radio on all. ( No system connected either just standard radio )
norcallumps   +1y
This link explains why use a relay better than I could:

Page 1 of 1