Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Ex Cab Long Bed?

Ex Cab Long Bed?

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1429
replies 7
following 7

workoutjunky   +1y
I really dig the look of the ex cab with a long bed. What would need to be done to run this configuration
fdugn545   +1y
I'm pretty sure you'd have to lengthen the frame quite a bit. And you'd have to make new cab and bed mounts to the frame. Honestly if you're stuck in this just make your own frame. Either that or make a Franken frame out of two trucks and cut and remount the cab/bed mounts. I don't know this from experience just kinda makes though don't it? Hope this helps,

Fred

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
jmzcustomz (jeff)   +1y
If memory serves me right you would have to extend the frame between 19" & 21" Depends on how much of a gap you want between the cab and bed as well as exact axle placement within the wheel well.
Cusser   +1y
It would be a lot of work to go from the 6 ft bed to a 7 foot bed, assuming that you had a great-shape 7 foot bed (not too common). Yes, you'd need to modify to get the wheel wells to match up.
emjay   +1y
here is a thread about that
emjay   +1y
Oh, and a longer driveshaft WILL be needed.
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
I've already done this and was able to do it using all factory parts. Was not too hard to do and I can explain if you would like. PM me your number and I can explain. Oh and it is an 8ft bed not 7ft. Was able to do this in an afternoon from start to finish minus the driveshaft. Have to have that made.
thread post photo

thread post photo
cherokeed   +1y
Where is that truck. Love the look of it rims and all woul be nice if it was all grey or that blue
Page 1 of 1