threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  What door popper kit do you use?

What door popper kit do you use?

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1074
replies 7
following 3

tcollinson   +1y
I recently bought a B as a daily driver and its got shaved door handles with a solenoid installed. The passenger side doesn't work but the drivers side does. I was thinking about getting a new solenoid or possibly replacing the whole kit just to learn how to do it myself. What kit would you recommend? Also, the previous owner installed the drivers side solenoid into an aftermarket alarm system. The trunk button on the key fob opens the door. Can I wire any solenoid into that system? I know nothing of this.

Also, the passenger solenoid is wired into a button on the dash. I can hear the relay kick but the solenoid does nothing. Should I conclude that the solenoid is toast?

Tganks
macka65   +1y
best thing to do is to remove the solenoid and just stick it onto a charged battery there would only be 2 or maybe 3 wires i imagine so just see if you can get it to work like that if it doesnt respond, its fried.
fdugn545   +1y

Hey I've had issues with my solenoids before... Like stated above remove the non working solenoid and test it with the batt easiest way. Chances are ur solenoid is toast as for the changing of the key fob button if u have an autoloc kit (post a pic of what u have... ) I can help u I have the wiring diagram and I recently de-ratsnested mine. (the previous owner installed mine in front of the heater and melted all the wiring together!) it's really not that difficult and if u hear the relay click then u have power to the non working solenoid.

Sent from GS2 on Tapatalk
fdugn545   +1y

Hey I've had issues with my solenoids before... Like stated above remove the non working solenoid and test it with the batt easiest way. Chances are ur solenoid is toast as for the changing of the key fob button if u have an autoloc kit (post a pic of what u have... ) I can help u I have the wiring diagram and I recently de-ratsnested mine. (the previous owner installed mine in front of the heater and melted all the wiring together!) it's really not that difficult and if u hear the relay click then u have power to the non working solenoid.

fdugn545   +1y
Here's a link to a pdf for the wiring diagram...

tcollinson   +1y

Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately its not a autoloc kit. It's some kind of weird aftermarket alarm system and the solenoid is wired into the "trunk" in the "brain" of the alarm. So when I hold the trunk button the driver doors solenoid activates. If I were to buy a larger solenoid, do you think I could just use the same wiring to hook it up? I'm just curious to find a way that would make all of this a little easier. I would like to keep the alarm system as it is already installed and I have little experience with electrical work.
fdugn545   +1y
I don't see y u couldn't use a bigger solenoid with the wiring that's there I would however recommend adding a emergency cable for one of the doors because at some point u will get locked out or it will randomly not work (in the cold!!) hope it works out for ya

tcollinson   +1y

Previous owner had one installed in a very secluded area

Used it this morning as a matter of fact lol.
Page 1 of 1