Page 1 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  H4 Halo Headlights?

H4 Halo Headlights?

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 2037
replies 10
following 5

blowered4life   +1y
Will these headlights work in the b series trucks? and are they worth having/buying them? Also Does the h4 conversion make any difference in brightness? thanks ahead of time

91extcab   +1y
They will fit, i had a similar set, but eventually you'll want more light and will have to upgrade to hid or a different type of headlight altogether. I don't know if those plastic housings will hold up to the heat of hids. Those lights make changing bulbs easier, but i would recommend ditching the bulbs that come with the headlights and just get a set of the high end h4s from your local auto parts store.
blowered4life   +1y
Thanks man. I just wasnt sure if they were cheap crap or if they were ok. But i just want to be able to change the bulbs without changing whole housing.
blowered4life   +1y
How bright are they compared to stock sealed beam style?
SilentDawn   +1y
Check these threads out:

The light output isn't any better than sealed beams. With those particular lights, its hit or miss as if you'll get good, even output or really horrible output. (Due to reflector placement, shape and quality control) The main advantage is you can replace the bulb without removing the grille/headlight.

The city light option is ok. The halo ring is a POS. Personally, I think it looks like crap. And second, after a while the glue around the ring turns brown. The LED's only last a short while because the resistors they use are too low of a wattage and they burn out and leave a brown/black mark where they are glued in at. I try to find the lights without Halo rings or immediately remove the rings when I get them.

Summit sells a similar light that takes H4 and is made by Hella. The quality control and light output is greatly improved. And they aren't that much more expensive.

An option you do have (and it what I generally do) is buy the cheap ebay lights and cut the backs out of them to retrofit Bi-Xenon HID projectors. That will give the best/safest light output.
What you DO NOT want to do is buy either the Hella or ebay lights and install an HID retrofit kit into them. This will give poor light output AND shine glare into oncoming drivers.

Retrofitting Bi-xenon projectors is a pretty involved DIY. Getting them centered and level in the housings, the wiring modifications to the vehicle to make the hi/low work correctly and making it all look good and even.
91extcab   +1y
You could just spend the money on a set of ranger lights and put hids in those. Only real wiring you'd need to do is a plug change from the h4 to the 9007 plug, whichever is the Ford plug...
uno808   +1y
i had those halo headlights...its a pos in my opinion...the seal for the halo only last so long and then one halo goes out, and they dont even light up all around...i got rid of mine in a couple months and went with ranger headlights...much better
89mazdalade   +1y
i dont have the halo headlights but i seen and also was told there crap i seen the projector style housings with hids and those were nice. On my truck i run DDM tuning raptor hi/lo hid kit which is the 55 watt 10,000K with the the reg. hella diamond housings i do blind other drivers but its cuz there just that damn bright (and my truck is bagged and i drive with the ass down nose up) if i get a chance i"ll post up a pic at night of them.

also if ur gonna run hids please go to ddmtuning.com great people great product lifetime warranty. i replaced so many crappy ebay kits i only use DDM Tuning
91extcab   +1y
I went to hidnation.com. they give options for warranty, the kits to start are about 40, including bulbs. I think after all was said and done with shipping, i paid about $60 for my 10,000k's. I did get their lifetime ballast warranty. Got regular, not slim or digital, ballasts. I didn't care about getting the other ones, normal ballasts are good enough for me. And i already had a relay wired in, for the lights the hid's replaced.
blowered4life   +1y
Thanks i dont think ill get those ebay lights. I appreciate all of the help