threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Center Bearing... how much time have I got?

Center Bearing... how much time have I got?

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1118
replies 7
following 5

addiktion   +1y
so i know i need to replace my center bearing due to a drive shaft howl. i was just wondering whats the worst that can happen and how much time do i have before i "NEED" to replace it? cash is a little tight right now due to blowing a sub last night and having to replace them, and yes i know about priorities but ya gotta have bass lol.
nextone   +1y
Do it ASAP!!! When it blows out all the way, it'll take the seal on the back of your trans with it by the time you have a chance to pull over.
Not only that, but if it goes at high speed, you risk the chance of blowing out a u-joint and then the driveshaft could possibly rip a hole in your gas tank or tear up other crap underneath there..I learned that the hard way btw
addiktion   +1y
what are some symptoms of it getting worse so i can keep an eye on it until i am able to replace it?
nextone   +1y
Look at it and see if the rubber around it is all blown out...The rubber deteriorates over time and its probably not the bearing itself but the rubber around it.
addiktion   +1y
ok so i replaced my center bearing support today but whatever noise or howl i had before is still there. what else is there that could create a howl. the faster i go the louder it gets and it still does it in neutral as well. so im a little lost at this point.
fastest   +1y
Turn up the Base! That should fix it for ya.
dizzy.baird.1   +1y
Check your u joints. Just had this problem. Thought it was center bearing, bought one off rock auto. Replaced it, and still howled. Checked u joints and my rear u joint had cracked and busted. Went to ?the junkyard got another drive shaft and boom no more howl. So I got a brand new center bearing if anyone needs it. Other than that check your u joints and good luck. Oh and its easier on our trucks to replace drive shaft than replace u joint
mazdafvr   +1y
pilot bearing maybe?
Page 1 of 1