threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  Pinstriping on 1989 year models...

Pinstriping on 1989 year models...

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 2121
replies 16
following 11

mazdapickup89   +1y
Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I bought my B2200 in 2004, and I'm probably the youngest owner here, being 17.

I've pondered about a question for years now and I've now decided to come here and ask it.

I'm wondering if ANYONE has ever seen this exact pinstriping pattern and color scheme on a B-Series before. Because I have seen hundreds and nothing has turned up like this. I suspect that Mazda did a custom factory job, due to the fact that it says "MAZDA" on the tailgate, but I would really like to know the real story behind it.

Here's a link to my garage:

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks.
hocbj23   +1y
back in the day,there were lots of aftermarket stripimg kits available for minitrucks.I suspect that ur truck was the beneficiary of one such kit.I have in my shop a kit that contains four piecers of chrome and vinyl backed applique per side for a standard cab B series truck.New in the box.I have seen a truck with this on it and it didnt look too bad.I dont believe what u have is factory striping.bj
91b2200(cody)   +1y
hey, your not the youngest here... iam 15( well 16 on the 16th this month)
kickinwing   +1y
Ya you are not the youngest for sure I am 17 as well.
mazdapickup89   +1y
Whoops. Well, at least I'm not alone then! Haha. Please excuse my ignorant assumptions, I'm new here

Anyway, thanks for the info, BJ. Has anyone else seen any kit like mine before on a different truck?
mazdawg(mikey)   +1y
i dont know what it is or where it came from...........but i like it! and welcome to the scene buddy.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
welcome to the scene.... looks like you got yourself a pretty clean truck... i dig the striping as well
korrupt1   +1y
looks aftermarket type actually. I know I have seen that somewhere before and it wasnt on a mazda
hocbj23   +1y
s10 maybe?bj
slamsonthedawgmaster   +1y
it might actually be a factory aftermarket job...i have seen a few odd decal kits on these trucks (i have no pics though)..the local mazda deal here just moved and i'm trying to get the dealer options book out of them..i have seen your decal kit in there before when i was ordering a tailgate logo..if i can finagle the book out of them i will post some pics for you....most of the options on our trucks were dealer installed so there are some intereting examples out there!.....