threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  Center caps wont fit!!!! (pics)

Center caps wont fit!!!! (pics)

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 2369
replies 15
following 8

bagged_87   +1y
So ive got some z-71 rims that im wanting to through on my bagged 86 (older bady style) isuzu pup BUT....the front hub stick out a little to far for the frickin center cap to go on! The silver ball like thing that sticks out....is there any way that comes off or can be removed??

thread post photo
Post was last edited on Apr 14, 2008 10:04. This post has been edited 1 times.
lofosho86   +1y
I believe that is the dust cap for your bearings!Don't think you can run without it because it would sling grease all over your wheels!
bagged_87   +1y
DAMNIT!!!!! guess im rollin no center caps then.
outkastdawg   +1y
the caps wont fit at all i couldnt run them on mine and i have a friend that had a newer body style and he cut a hole for the dust cap to come through cant run the caps on eskies neither on that style what ya want for the pathfinders off of it
bagged_87   +1y
Cutting a hole actualy crossed my mind but i think imma stick with no center caps.....it looks kinda badass/original ? idk imma try to get some pics pretty soon.. As for sellin the pathies...im not sure im ready to sell those quite yet Outkast....lol maybe soon though?
airedout89   +1y
Check and see if you can just tap the front of the dust cap in a little, dent it. I did that on a ranger I had. Just TAP at it with a hammer and dent it around the actual hub and that might work. That is if the rim cap only needs like 1/4" or less of room.
jmzcustomz (jeff)   +1y
Also you may be able to get some bearing buddies for like a trailer. They may be a lower profile. Just a thought I am not familar with the Izuzus.
outkastdawg   +1y
well damn I can't find a set of them anywhere I like them better that the newer style like I have of course I would rather have some z71s or some eskies but can't find them for a reasonable price
bagged_87   +1y
The only bad thing about my pathies is that they all have different size tires lol but other that that they are pretty much mint!

I should have some pics up today of the isuzu with Z's
outkastdawg   +1y
ya need to come by and let me see it now