4 Runner front bumper conversion

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 14366
replies 24
following 11

slammedyota91   +1y
i dont personally no but japchef should when he mounts his
bagdb2200   +1y
Ok, I was just curious how far back, and how far up towards the grill it mounts the bumper. I'll probably buy a set of them from you also.
slammedyota91   +1y
yea umm hmm i know theres a few pics with yota bumpers on mazdas, but yea honestly i would say wait til japchef gets it on see if you like it, nice thing is you can always wash out the holes and move it up or down left or right,\.
bagdb2200   +1y

True, I didn't even think of it like that lol.

I know what the bumper looks like on the trucks, I was just curious about where your brackets placed it. But like you said it doesn't really matter, I tend to forget sometimes it's all just metal and can be cut to fit.

Send me an email about shipping and payment for them, my PM's aren't working properly on this board....

blazerpimp   +1y
im thinking of doing this as well, I know there area few variations that people use...I did a search for pics but was rather fruitless i would like to see some pics with the year of the bumper and valance and if it is 2wd or 4wd..

Thanks
T
bagdb2200   +1y
slammedyota91, just so you know, those brackets are for the 2wd/4wd truck bumpers, but the bracket mounts on the 4runner bumper are in a different spot. Unless the wrong brackets got sent to me on accident, but I think we can cut em and weld em back up to work just fine.
v8mazda4ever   +1y
I got a set from slam and they are great I powder coated mine and ground down the edges.
thread post photo

thread post photo
bagdb2200   +1y
What bumper are you using, and have you tried mounting it with those yet?
slammedyota91   +1y
damn lance those are sick looking, bagb2200 they dont fit the 4runner? you sure, damn man, im sorry i thought they did, if you want i will refund the money and you can return them, im sorry bro, i had no idea. i feel like ass now, sorry man, i cant apologize enough..
bagdb2200   +1y
It's ok man, we're gonna cut em up and space em out the distance they need to line the bumper up. The mounts on the 4runner bumper are either slightly farther apart, or closer together than the truck bumpers, and the top mounting bolt is angled slightly different.

These mounts are built real nice and sturdy, so we're just gonna modify them as needed to fit the bumper.