threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Alternative to machine shop boring??

Alternative to machine shop boring??

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1331
replies 6
following 6

richl73   +1y
I found this, it's for nissan's but maybe someone could shed some light on how this would work on Mazdas
slammed91b5000   +1y
its just a cheep way to bore it out.. nissan and mazda bolt patterns are the same, and if you want to use any gm/chevy rims on your mazda you gotta bore them out so they fit over the nubs on the hubs. an even cheeper way is to just grind off the nubs. some ppl dont like the i dea but i did it and havent had any problema and i know ppl that have driven for years on escalade rims that have just ground down the nubs.
mark   +1y
for a mazda you dont need a 4inch diameter hole saw...nissad hubs are larger, they do this method above because not a lot of machiine shops will bore their wheels out to that bore size just because there isnt much metal left between the bore and the stud, look how much is left, little less than 1/2inch. but it'll hold, machine shops just dont like takin risks like that, not many do

you can do that to the mazda, the basic principle is get a hole saw that fits the current bore size of the wheel, then get another hole saw that is has the diameter you want to cut out, you slide the smaller hole saw inside the bigger hole saw, then cut away

catch is the smaller hole saw needs to be a deep dish so it goes in the stock bore...this serves as the alignment tool for the bigger hole saw

there isnt a problem with grinding the nubs down, its just that if you ever go back to stock wheels, you are risking it not aligning dead center, because the stockers rely on the hub to be centered, unlike GMC wheels which rely on the lugs
sprkndawg   +1y
A REAL BIG HAMMER!! LOL!
low87dawg   +1y
i got my esclallades from a guy who had them on a hard body nissan and they were machined out bigger than my hub but they still feel fine
delawaredime   +1y
just grind the tabs down...thats all i did
slammed91b5000   +1y

me too and havent had a problem yet..
Page 1 of 1