Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Projector Headlights

Projector Headlights

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1152
replies 9
following 5

gregp   +1y
Anyone had any experience installing these projector lights. I bought some off ebay. They have the projector part and then a little blue light in the bottom of the lens with a red and black wire. They are called the city lights I assume. Would they just wire into the running or park lights????
anyone know? Help lol
maz   +1y
they aren't projector lights they are sealed to unsealed beam replacement usually using an h4 bulb....anyways the city lights can be wired any way you want seperate on a switch turn signals running lights what ever. Personaly I would wire them seperate because they are blue although you could probably find an orange bulb and hook it to your running or turn signals. Red wire is power and black is ground just ground it to the bidy or chasis it's the easiest. Hope this helps
Later
Jamie
gregp   +1y
thanks for the help!
mazm   +1y
i have h4s in my truck also
phatkix   +1y
does anyone have an HID conversion? i ran H4s for a while but they were basically like a stock headlight just a bit brighter
maz   +1y
you can get a real hid unit for H4's i belive...
gregp   +1y
Mine are actually the projector as I understand it. You can see them on ebay advertised as diamond projector headlamps. They do have a lens in front of the bulb. Most of the ones I looked at had just the H4 bulb in them. Does anyone know anything about these xenon bulbs? Are they going to make any difference? Lot's of different things out there from HID to H4. Anyone a lighting expert?
framedragginmazda   +1y
i can tell you better get the cash or check book out if your gonna buy hids there freakin like 4 or 500 dollars
phatkix   +1y
the projectors that are for our 86-93 trucks are just a sealed beam conversion with a housing some what around the light that projects more light through the round center peice than the rest of the rectangle, they use basic h4 bulbs that most import cars use.

xenon bulbs are cool, people claim that they look like HID's but they do not! they are little brighter and come in whole swack of colors.

HID's are unmistakeable (nice word) they are bright as damn hell, kits start at about 200 bucks up to 1200.

i think you need an H4 conversion before you could do an HID conversion
gregp   +1y
Thanks for the info. Hard to know what's what with all the BS on Ebay.
Page 1 of 1