Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  removing side moulding

removing side moulding

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1055
replies 8
following 6

richl73   +1y
What would it take to successfully remove the side moulding and pinstriping from my truck without needing a new paint job- hoping anyone who has already done this could give me some tips - Thanks
maz   +1y
pin striping they make an eraser by 3m that will fit on a die grinder works great the side moulding will pull off but not sure on how not to damage the paint
mullet   +1y
gutair string and goo gone.. or a heat gun will take off the side mouldings.. and use the eraser from 3M for the pin striping.. or a heat gun
delawaredime   +1y
you can use a hair dryer to get the molding off... a heat gun is better, but if you dont have one a hair dryer will work fine.. just heat it up and try to pull it off... if you dont want to mess the pain up... TAKE YOUR TIME... lol... its still goin to take some pain off but to limit the paint loss just be easy
Post was last edited on Oct 18, 2005 01:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
slims   +1y
I used fishing line to cut mine off.....then once its off, you can use heat or goo gone or whatever to get the tape off.
richl73   +1y
Thanks guys, I do have a heat gun, so I'll try that first, and I have goof off and goo gone
delawaredime   +1y
why is the t missing from paint in my last post? lol
drpdmazda   +1y
yeah if you get the moldings off with fishing line, soak the hell out of the adesive with goo gone or adhesive remover/bumper sticker remover let it soak for a little while it should start to just fall off, but good luck with the pinstriping and not ruining the paint,
richl73   +1y
well did the one side and it wasn't an easy task, the more you try to get that black stuff off the more you smear it all over- any other ideas?
Page 1 of 1