threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  Question about Cutting roof right off.

Question about Cutting roof right off.

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1638
replies 11
following 4

mpenner49   +1y
I wanna cut the roof clear off. no removable tops just clean off. What is the best way to do this? Cut at top of the windshield and then at Pillars? Have to cut up door too? whats just the best way or another site that explains it?
mullet   +1y
Best way to do it is with a saw zaw because the metal is 3 layers on the back wall. Yes you will have to cut the top of the side windows off.
mpenner49   +1y
Will the doors open and shut fine? Do I have to make Windshierld Braces?
mpenner49   +1y
Make like corner Gussets for the cab? make like a trianglular steel piece as a bracket for windshield? Anyoen done this give me a lil advice?
mullet   +1y
yes.. i would gusset the body.. nothing insane.. just a little support. Yes the doors will open and shut fine.. all your doing is cutting off the windshield track.
mpenner49   +1y
yea just some corner gussets? should i weld up a bar behind seats to hold it side to side? And for the windshield Just make a big Triangle plate to weld to A-Pillar then the door frame?
mpenner49   +1y
Is this quite simple? Do you even have to brace windshield? What kinda brace and where do you apply it for the windshield?
mpenner49   +1y
Anyways to get around bracing the wieldshield? Or is it impossible to egt around? Where should I brace the windshield then?
mpenner49   +1y
anyone?
mullet   +1y
you can brace the windshield.. but that might be over kill.. and ugly in designs. Unless you could pull it off on the winshield frame to a mirror mount.. but it actaully be a gusset or something.. but the metal is foulded pinch welded shut.. shoudn't be going ne where if you just cut it off. Its simple to cut off.. its very difficult to cut it off clean. There is a big difference.. take your time.. sharpie out a designed path and GOOO SLOWWW.. one cut.. you got the time. And if you have a little extra.. u can take it down with the grinder.. however.. depending where your at on the metal the grinder can warp sheetmetal just as easily as a welder if you let it.