threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  3 inch chop top, layin window back help....

3 inch chop top, layin window back help....

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1364
replies 8
following 6

tucnrim2004   +1y
I have been researching this.. and found that a 1 inch pie cut on the lower front piller ( windshield ) will lay it back 3 inches?? has anyone don e this here to theres or does anyone have any info? I am ready to cut... and just wanted to make sure on things before messing it up....

any other help on the chop would be helpful... thanks
mullet   +1y
thats what i heard as well.. however never done it with personal experience.. so don't want to give bad advice. What i heard.. 1 inch equals 3.1in layback.
eksessivdragger   +1y
im not big on layd back windows. personally(if i ever do a chop) id chop the pillars down and then stretch the roof instead of laying the window back.......
mullet   +1y
yeah but mazda's look goofy like that.. folding back the windshield is the best look.
tucnrim2004   +1y
I can get a new window installed for $155 if i lay it back... Have not checked on a custom window yet, but heard they are very pricey... plus i would need to get a roof section to stretch the roof... but i do like the normal chop's....
eksessivdragger   +1y

\/ expanded roof

i think folding it back looks goofy and terrible
mark   +1y
rudy's truck is the shit
the twanksta   +1y
personally i think it looks pretty good like that.. but i havent seen the other way before.
olskoolpup   +1y
laying back the windshield looks goofy. i say cut the windshiel and stretch the top. cutting the windshield is easy. however, side glass is really expensive. a lot of guys will use lexan until they save up for the real glass, or not drive it in the rain. but cutting the windsheil is no big deal at all.

also, extreme chops look out of place on minitrucks IMO. for a maz, id go off of rudys. its perfect. almost not noticeable.
Page 1 of 1