Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  window drip rail

window drip rail

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1172
replies 8
following 6

madbagger   +1y
under the plastic drip rail thingy is a metal strip kinda thing. can i just cut this thing off and grind it smooth?
mullet   +1y
yes u can.. its actually a pinch weld, so when u cut it off u will have a little bit of a hole there that u will have to fill.
low87dawg   +1y
hey i need to spot weld it back up dont I ? cause im in the process of doing it and i wasnt sure oh yea and tailgate skins from fbi suck ass
thetornado   +1y
i wanna see some pics when you shave all that....or does someone have some pics of this done?
mullet   +1y

yes you will have to spot weld them shut.. and for the FBI thing.. shoulda went with Grant..
grantkustoms   +1y
now that your drip rail is gone time for the pillar filler for those plastic caps. If the skin is that bad send it back.
grantkustoms   +1y
now that your drip rail is gone time for the pillar filler for those plastic caps. If the skin is that bad send it back.
low87dawg   +1y
anyone got any pics of shaved drip rails and i kinda like the the plastic pillar things cause its what makes it look like a mazda but i might later
oh yea those filler pillars aer kinda high
whatisit   +1y
I might suggest cutting a little of the drip rail of at a time and then spot welding it and keep repeating in that fashion. It'll prevent the roof skin from separating with the upper door jamb. Just a little advice.

-Shane
Page 1 of 1