threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Need some suggestions for paint...

Need some suggestions for paint...

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 820
replies 3
following 4

thetornado   +1y
Should be finally painting my truck next week after I finish up a few more body mods and a little body work.
I am going to paint it a two tone right now. I dont really want a clear coat finish though. I was just going to prime it with some color tint in it, but i dont want to do that now.
So can i have the guy just spray the basecoat and leave it as is? Or should I have him put just like one clearcoat on so there isnt much shine to it?
pont   +1y
i work with a body and paint guy and since i have to go back to work tonite ill post back to what he says would work good and not look like crap in a few years hes really picky about that he wont do a half ass job like most shops just for the money he will send you away if thats what your looking for
mazm   +1y
i would put clear coat on it, it gives it more shine and helps your paint last longer
mullet   +1y
You can get all types of clear coat.. including flat clear (which will make your color look flat instead of shinney) and you can get any and all inbetween. You can also use a one stage paint that has clear built in.. not the best paint to learn to shoot cause its so thick, but it has the clear already included, so its only one shot. HOK makes a lot of one stage paints including their ever popular hot rod color Blitz Black.
Mike
Page 1 of 1