threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  What needs to be done to fit Chevy wheels on our trucks???

What needs to be done to fit Chevy wheels on our trucks???

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1035
replies 4
following 5

thetornado   +1y
I want to get some Chevy wheels for my truck, but I have heard that there needs to be modification done to the wheel or the hub?
So whats the deal?
pont   +1y
there are some tabs on the hub that lines the wheel up center on the hub you have to grind them off cuase the center hole is smaller on chevy wheels then on mazdas but if you do that you will not have anything lining the wheels up but the lugs which i think you need to get special ones as well or you can leave the tabs and have the wheels center hold made bigger but that will make the metal between the center hole and lug holes thin both ways have been done
blare   +1y
mark bored his out and i think he had an 1/8 shaved off. dunno ask him
mullet   +1y
i say grind away!
mark   +1y
got mine bored out, the bore size is 93 mm on a mazda....chevy wheels are smaller, so get it bored to 93mm

you can get away with grinding the tabs down with chevy wheels, just get lobed lug nuts....but when you ever have to put those stockers back in, they will not line up, because they rely on those tabs you grinded off to keep centered

certain chevy wheels you can get away with just boring the middle...i had to get some metal shaved off the back face so it'll tuck in better, got 1/8th shaved off, my wheels barely tuck with a rolled fender lip
Page 1 of 1