Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Shaving question

Shaving question

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1462
replies 9
following 6

mpenner49   +1y
I really wanna shave my mazda body, because a shaved body is sexy!! When you do youre doors you use poppers right? Any one company the best? what do people who have done this done? When you shave your tailgate is it better to just shave handle off and relocate it or to get the tailgate skin??
mazm   +1y
i took my handle off and relocated it and welded the filler plate in and smoothed it over with fiberglass and looks slick as hell
pont   +1y
just me but its best to do it the way with the least amount of filler posible so i plan to get a shaved skin but then again mine is caved in so i will need a skin anyway
baha   +1y
check out this site has some pretty good information i used some of their tips on the last tailgate i did, used alot of hammer and dolly work about 4hrs worth but i got pretty much all the warpage out! good luck, and I recommend SPAL door solenoids the auto loc ones will corode inside and lock up if you dont' have them mounted horizontally instead of vertically. They don't have a protective boot like the SPAL ones do. Good Luck!
mpenner49   +1y
Hey is installing poppers on your shaved doors pretty complicated?
mazm   +1y

you don't put alot on there and if so just sand it down, its stronger than any thing else
disciple   +1y
i shaved and relocated and i have to agree with the boys put less filler in sand it back it is strong as, relocting the handle is easy just spin it around 180 and swapp the rods left to right
mazm   +1y

fiberglass is the best thing to use, other fillers start coming back through the paint in a few years, you do not put alot on there, i am not talking about fiberglass mat
baha   +1y
depends on your painting system, if you use a good primer, then sealer before paint, and a good paint system you should be ok. If you paint directly over filler then yea. Filler is a forum of fiberglass, both are a pain lol
mullet   +1y

not especially, depends if your getting the entire kit, working off your alarm or what. Installing the poppers i think is the easiest part.. but to get them strong enough.. and not moving.. can be tricky.
Mike
Page 1 of 1