Page 1 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  follow up on the bored wheels pole

follow up on the bored wheels pole

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1569
replies 10
following 5

drpdmazda   +1y
i sould go bored, thats what i did personally, it makes the wheel hub centric as long as they are bored properly, which is safer and will give you less problems in the long run, i have seen it done both ways on a lot of vehicles, but in my opinion from selling wheels for many years hub centric is always the safer way to go rather than relying on the lugs, especially since the lug pattern is the same but the diameter of the lug hole is larger, yet another possibility of throwing the wheel off balance

just my opinion though take it as you may
delawaredime   +1y
i think i might just grind my tabs, i looked at the pathfinder wheels i have now, and they aent even touching the tabs that are on there... so if i put on my caddy rims with the lug nuts that center them, i should be good... i think so at least... lol, its not like ill be hopping my truck, i just want up and down...
baggedb22   +1y
if u grind the tab's off u should get some 1.5 bludge style lug nuts thats that gm uses and there wheels are lug centric, If u use the stock Mazda lug's there not wide enough and will more then likly pull threw the stud hole's. Just some advice that's what i did..
delawaredime   +1y
where did you get them?
baggedb22   +1y
Shannons Tire, just a local tire garage, advance auto or pep boys may even have them...Just take one of your so u can get the right thread.
delawaredime   +1y
i have some of that style on my pathfinder rims... im guessing they are that style..
baggedb22   +1y
They are just tappered at the end then they get fatter so they have more to hold the wheel on with...
delawaredime   +1y
ok, i ground my tabs off, the lug nuts that are the stock ones from the pthfinder rims are a little too small.... so im gonna go get a new set like the ones you were talkin about..
thetornado   +1y
im gettin my Z71s bored this week, should i pick up a set of those bulge lug nuts, or do you only need them if you grind the tabs down?
framedragginmazda   +1y
i chucked my hub up in the lathe and machined them off.....any machine shop shouldnt charge to much to do it.