Mazda Exterior \  explorer headlight conversion

explorer headlight conversion

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1601
replies 6
following 6

h2low   +1y
yo,

new to the site and im also and aussie..

just wondering hoe much work needs to be done to grill n so forth to fit 01 explorer headlights in my mazdawg??

any help, tips, and pics would be great..
eksessivdragger   +1y
do you mean ranger headlights?
h2low   +1y
nah dude,

im talkin about ford explorer headlight conversion not ranger....

need help..
slammed91b5000   +1y
how much work is involved?? ALOT. i did a front end conversion simillar to that and i had to make a whole new rad support, with custom mounting tabs for the new lights and grill. then once you get them sorta sitting where you want on the rad support then you have to build your hood/fenders/bumper all around the lights so they look like they were ment to be on there. heres mine. i would have to say it prolly took the better part of 100 hours to do everything, bu tthat includes a completely shaved firewall and tubs as well. but this is my first truck so if your experienced you could easily cut that time in half if not more.

Post was last edited on Jul 09, 2005 05:07. This post has been edited 1 times.
thetornado   +1y
^^^^^^^^ i would have to say that is definately quite a bit of work for a set of headlights. what are you planning on doing with your bumper?
bagged89mazda   +1y
it is some work . i've seen the mercury mountainer front convesion done on a 95-up splash . if you wanta check detail go to ssm and look up screen name SplashofMerc He's from va he 'd be able to fill you in on details like what he had to do . i am sure that you'll have to swap out / custom fab a new radiatior support ..

michael.
baggedb2000   +1y
Slammed91 Very Nice work bro. Thumbs up! Im very impressed!
Page 1 of 1