threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Repainting my frame... Any suggestions?

Repainting my frame... Any suggestions?

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1220
replies 9
following 8

thetornado   +1y
So my buddy told me about this new stuff called Chasis Saver?
Supposodely you can paint it right onto rust and it will neutralize it and last too! Kinda skeptical, and its runs like $25 for a quart, which is supposed to be enough for a whole frame.
I was thinking about using that and then putting a good thick coat of rust oleum over it.
Any suggestions and what you guys have done?
midnightmike   +1y
i just used an angle grinder and a 60 grid sanding disk that u can get ment for that and it work just great and really fast and i just sprayed it with undercoating
thetornado   +1y
I am definately going to some grinding, wire wheeling and sanding, but I am just curious of what kind of paint or other products anyone has used...
mark   +1y
i did what mike did

but i painted it with spray can....prolly go get some undercoating and do it again
mullet   +1y
I used POR 15.. supposedly you can paint over rust.. but i grinded everything down and put that suff on there.. works like a charm.
Mike
pont   +1y
im gone strip mine like the other guys i just dont trust stuff like that
gwadzam   +1y
time to hit up eastwood
oddballracing   +1y
I bought a sandblaster (piece of krap didn't work) but ended up just hand cleaning up most of my frame and painting it with POR-15 as well. Two years later I painted the whole thing with the tie coat primer and then the Chassis Black. Its not a perfect system (as opposed to having the whole frame dipped, for example) but I am happy with the results.
bagged86   +1y
braided wire cup on an angle grinder works pretty good. mine is a bare frame so its pretty easy to get to the whole thing.
thetornado   +1y
I ended up cleaning it with a wire wheel, then put two coats of flat black rust oleum on it. Looks pretty good.
thread post photo
Page 1 of 1