Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  spray bombs or paint gun

spray bombs or paint gun

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 913
replies 1
following 2

payner22   +1y
i have acsess to half decent spray gun and compressor and i was planning on doing one or two pieces at a time for exple take the front end off sand it and sand blast it etc. then i was just planning on primering it for now also have free primer thinner and hardner

my debate is that free primer but i have neverr used a paint bun before or buy the spray cans and no clean up and i ave lots of experrience with them but they will not do a quility job

also could the paint react bad with the spray can primer when i do get it painted?
baha   +1y
I would strip it and prime it with the good primer, not the spray bombs. I did pretty much what your talking about doing with my truck, it took me about a year to do it all but I was also shaving each piece i worked on. Try to get epoxy primer its water proof has high build for sanding its hella strong. Ive never heard anything bad about painting over spray can primer I would think as long as its sanded the paint should stick to it, most shops don't use it so I wouldn't use it.
Page 1 of 1