Page 1 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  Replacing winshield trim

Replacing winshield trim

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1703
replies 13
following 3

thetornado   +1y
I was going to get the windshield trim off of my other truck, wondering if I need new clips when I do this? or can i just be careful and not break them?
cid (dale)   +1y
I just took them off my old truck last week and most of them broke off. I ordered more for 1.70$ a clip i think. I just don't think you can get them off without snapping a few. I would go new anyways. I had the same prob for the bottom door trim. It's not worth putting a little scratch in the paint to save a few clips.

Dale
thetornado   +1y
so how many clips did u need for the whole winshield?
cid (dale)   +1y
i believe there's a dozen clips for the front. I'll get back to you on that. I have short term memory LOL.

Takes 2 weeks to get in unless the dealer has old stock there. They didn't have them where i am. I'm waiting to get mine in so i can finsh it. hehe

Dale
miked   +1y

wouldnt a glass place carry the clips also??
thetornado   +1y
there is bag on ebay for our 86-93 mazdas for like $14. think i will try to get them.
miked   +1y
if u do this... take pictures an make a how 2... my "black" trim is half peeled ass looking right now.
cid (dale)   +1y
I will take pics of how to do it. I gotta figure it out first lol.

Shouldn't be too hard to do tho.

Dale
thetornado   +1y
I got a bag of clips today on eBay for only $14.50 + .99 for shipping. i will be doing it this summer, so i will get some pics for a tech article.
cid (dale)   +1y
Nice, i will be doing it in a few weeks. I'll try taking decent pics but i don't have a nice crisp digi cam lol.

Dale