Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Mono Leaf Question

Mono Leaf Question

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 750
replies 3
following 3

kmo_   +1y
Lets start off by saying i have ran a mono leaf setup for about 5 months now. But I was looking at it today and was wondering what most people do with their overload. As of right now mine is on top but it seems pointless to me to have it on top. To me, it seems it would be better to have it on the bottom. Which way do you guys run your overloads? And have you guys done anything to help with axle wrap?
low_life77   +1y
I have seen several guys run it on the top like your set up, but to me that is down right retarded! I think they do that because the believe it will straighten out the main leaf and gain maybe another 3/4's of in inch in drop. The overload is suppose to be on the bottom for strength to the rest of the pack and keep your leafs from flexing so much. Not to mention it's pretty dangerous under load if you have the overload on top. What set up are you running currently if you don't mind me asking man?
kmo_   +1y

Currently i am running the 1 main leaf with an overload on top and a 3in block with a c notched frame. Its a super comfortable ride and is pretty low for running static. I just get axle wrap like nobodies business. I was mainly wanted to try the overload on bottom and make a clamp to connect the overload to the main leaf but i'm not to sure on how it will work out. I also thought about running an overload on top and under the main leaf then clamping the 2 around it. They're just ideas just wanted to see what people think about it. Mainly looking to help out the axle wrap issue.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Putting the overload back on the bottom will help a lot with axle wrap. That is all you need to do. No clamps
Page 1 of 1