Page 1 of 3
Mazda Lowering Static \  Street Edge (eBay) leaf springs

Street Edge (eBay) leaf springs

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 9823
replies 20
following 10

reallyslowrio   +1y
This will be updated after I install these tomorrow.

Y'all may have seen these on eBay, they are the Street Edge 3" lowering leafs for the 87?-93 B-series trucks.

They were $209 shipped, from California. Got here (Houston) in 4 business days. The packaging was awkward and they look like they've been through hell. Not to mention the paint looks like it was done by a toddler. Again, I'll compare them to the 'factory' leaf springs tomorrow when I install them. I say 'factory because the previous owner seems to have removed a leaf or two.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
Post was last edited on Oct 03, 2014 02:10. This post has been edited 1 times.
moonlitmechanic   +1y
Just installed a new set of these from "the suspension source", fitment was good and ride is stiffer than stock but good for a lowered truck.
Post was last edited on Oct 04, 2014 11:10. This post has been edited 3 times.
reallyslowrio   +1y
Same ones then. I searched Google and this forum and came up short with information regarding these so I figured I'd make a mini-review.

See what I did there. Lol
befarrer   +1y
I may be interested in these. I want to lower my truck 3" again, but lowering blocks caused drive shaft issues on my truck for some odd reason, and I was just about clipping my rear shock mounts on pot holes and man hole covers protruding from the pavement, and I also want to use my truck as a truck (E.G. I am hauling my ATV in the box tomorrow, 600lbs), so mono leaf is out (plus I think with 2X stock power my axle will twist like nuts with a mono leaf IMO)
reallyslowrio   +1y
I hear ya. Although this truck will probably never see any real 'truck' action, I'd like to know that it could if I needed it to. I'll do a comparison of these vs the stock, modified leafs as far as weight carrying goes. As of now, if I look at the bed funny, it'll squat, lol.
low_life77   +1y
Have you got them put on yet?
reallyslowrio   +1y
Just finished. At the bar "celebrating".

It lowered the truck 3.5" measuring from the bed wheel well to the ground. 27.5" "stock" to 24". BTW, it'll probably go lower, but the axle is literally against the frame, prohibiting more drop, for now.

://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/Reallyslowrio/Mobile%20Uploads/20141003_190116_zps9wxatohs.jpg
thread post photo
robzilla   +1y
Nice! Looks like they brought the rear end down to a good height!
moonlitmechanic   +1y
A few notes I made on my install:
-i had to loosen the drive shaft joint to move the rear diff far enough back to reach the leafs on both sides
-my rear shackles are pretty much hitting the frame from the additional length
-i had to change my stock length shocks out for 94 Nissan quest minivan rear shocks (1.75" shorter) to improve ride quality, stock shocks were pretty well bottomed out
reallyslowrio   +1y
I didn't have to loosen the driveshaft, but the axle definitely had to come back at least 1.5" to set the alignment pins.

Shackles on mine are the same.

I'm running the Nissan shocks as well. Definetly a good upgrade.

Here's another picture from earlier today. I'll get more after the notch.

thread post photo