threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Is it possible to....

Is it possible to....

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1234
replies 6
following 5

low_life77   +1y
Anyone out there ever run air shocks in the rear as well as the front of the 87-93 B2200 while also have the bump stops and brackets/arms removed up front and in the rear, and running 3 or 4 inch blocks (me personally would only run 3 inch blocks) and have the two inner leafs removed. My question is while having all of this done would it be possible to run the air lines from the shocks to electric valves and to an air tank in the bed while filling it up when needed or even running a compressor...basicly making what I would call a poor mans air ride. at shows or while showing off (parked obviously) flip the switch to hit the valves and release the air in the front and rear dropping it fairly low (also may need a small notch) and while driving fill up to get a good ride height and good ride. Is this possible? I priced this out and figure it can be done for around 2-300 bucks being much cheaper than bags and a lot less work. Obviously this won't get you laying frame but I would imagine would still be pretty cheap and cool for the time being until bagging. Input and ideas would be great. Thanks guys!
robzilla   +1y
Yes. When I was in high school I saw an issue of minitruckin where they did this. I wanted to do it & priced everything out, I spent the money on a stereo system instead. So that dream never happened. But I did see it as a cheaper option for on board adjustable airride. Some of my friends had their fill fitting in their rear bumper and they had to stop by the gas station to add air to their shocks when needed. This air shock method has also been done on some VW beetles.

Also like you are saying I wouldn't run this setup to lay frame.
befarrer   +1y
I got air shocks in the back of my truck, they are the Monroe Max Air. I have an air fitting next to my license plate. The shocks add about 2" of height when fully pumped up. I am running 4 leafs in the rear, including overload. I installed them for when I haul heavy weight.
robert_paulsen   +1y
you can, however they probably wont last more then a year if your using it as a daily. been there done that for the money and time spent i feel like it was a waste for me, air shocks just dont seem to last or be durable enough for a daily driven air ride equipped vehicle
sincitylocal   +1y
Plus, you'll have to reinforce the upper shock mount in the front. It wasn't designed to carry the weight of the truck, so cracks will develop eventually!
robzilla   +1y

This is a must! Add this to that budget.
low_life77   +1y
Good point I didn't even think about that! Does anyone happen to know what air shocks would work for the front of our trucks? This might just be a hassle and a waste of money the more work that is coming into play. But I;m still curious haha.
Page 1 of 1