Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  I only need an inch lower in the rear can anyone help

I only need an inch lower in the rear can anyone help

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1368
replies 11
following 6

missed.a.leter   +1y
So I have a 3inch block and one leaf removed in the rear and it sits like a stock truck. So how do I lower the rear just about 3/4 of an inch to an inch without mono leafing it? I realize that I could just get a four inch block but im kindof against 4 inch blocks.
robert_paulsen   +1y
dearched leaf springs somebody posted them on here but i personally dont like them. somebody on here posted the other day and they were like 300$ shipped.
robzilla   +1y
If you don't want to pull another leaf spring, de-arch or do the 4inch block, Get the bell tech lowered leaf springs. $152 on summit racing website. Bell tech part 5972.
sierrax   +1y
For $60 have your leaf springs that are on the truck dearched. Take your truck (or just the springs) to a spring shop and let them know what you want. I used to do it all the time back in the day. And you are correct, do not use a block bigger then 3". Any spring shop will be able to do this no problem and the guys usually enjoy doing it. Its a break from the normal for them.

Also always re tighten the nuts on the U bolts after a few days of driving.
dean   +1y
This is what I did. I flipped the main leaf, added 2 more leafs for a total of 3 leafs, plus the overload spring. Also running a 1" block. I have 1" of travel before it hits the frame rail.

Also I should add I used late 60"s VW Bug rear shocks on the rear, and Isuzu pickup shocks on the front. And this is as low as I could go without cutting something on the truck. The front is 3 splines on the torsion bars, and no bump stops on the front or rear.

thread post photo

Other than new short shocks, and the blocks, this was free.
Post was last edited on Sep 01, 2014 03:09. This post has been edited 1 times.
robert_paulsen   +1y
ive been told flipping the leafs will push or pull the drive line into or away from the transmission. however it does a cool trick when bagged over the axle while leafed with flipped leafs. you can dog leg the rear end however im not sure how it does for long term driving.
dean   +1y

How's it going to do that?
robert_paulsen   +1y
if i remember right it changes the pinion angle and the overall postion of the axle but im talking about flipping entire packs for sure. however i imagine the change of a single leaf spring would cause an issue an issue in the long run as they would be fighting each other.
missed.a.leter   +1y
Thanks for the info guys. Im probly gonna get the leafs dearched sounds like the best idea
missed.a.leter   +1y
Wait couldnt i get the shorter shock in the rear and it would hold it down lower?