threads
Page 1 of 5
Mazda Lowering Static \  Lowering Guru's needed!

Lowering Guru's needed!

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 6553
replies 44
following 12

slambert   +1y
Alright guys, first time poster here from the UK.

Basically today i finally got around to lowering my truck and it was slightly disappointing. I put on the 3 inch angled blocks and lowered it down and the rears seem to have made no noticeable drop what so ever.

The angled blocks are the correct way round and all the leafs are still in the pack. The bump stops have been removed too.

Now im pretty sure next week im going to Mono leaf the pack to see if it makes much difference BUT im highly skeptical that it will make it drop by another say 3 inches.

Here are some pictures of the outcome of today.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys as like i said im gonna play with it again next weekend.

Also if anyone in the UK has any info on shorter shocks that would be awesome.

Cheers
mymmeryloss   +1y
Post pics of the rear setup. Mono leafing will help greatly!

Great looking truck btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fdugn545   +1y
Yep what mml said. Mine was still high with 4 inch blocks in, mono leaf plus overload and now my able sits about 1/2 inch from frame.... Lol bumpy ass ride but looks good.
This was before mono leaf
thread post photo

And this is after

thread post photo
slambert   +1y
Cheers guys, much appreciated.

This is a picture of the rear with lowering blocks on, i apologize for the quality.

thread post photo

If i was to mono leaf the rear wouldn't i lose the ability to actually use the truck as a truck? Heaviest thing iv had in the back was a tyre machine so i doubt i could take that again with the mono leaf setup.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Mono leaf = no hauling imo, its unsafe to haul heavy loads such as a tire machine. Mono leaf is a no go for me. But i still used my truck as a truck too.
low_life77   +1y
If you want to gain another 1-2 of drop and still be able to have your full hauling capacity, then take your leaf pack to a shop and tell them you want your leafs "de-arched" Then you can use the whole leaf pack and they will more or less be close to straight instead of arched and will lay the bed out about the same as is you mono leafed it and you can still throw all the weight in the back...problem solved.
slambert   +1y
I never thought of de arching the springs! Cheers for that!

Iv looked into doing it and can easily do it myself at work with all the equipment we have here. The only queery iv got is that if you straighten out the main leaf wont the bolt eyes be pushed further away and will no longer line up?

Or am i just over thinking it!
sierrax   +1y
In theory yes the spring will be flatter making it longer but it works. I haven't had it done in years but from what I can remember they usually remove 1 leaf from the pack and the overload leaf. Then they put it in a press slowly working along the spring making the arch less and less. To measure how much it has been dearched flip the spring upside down on the ground and measure up. Once you have your desired dearch always put the overload leaf back on the pack and then re install.

The trick is getting them both the same. Dearching them 1 inch (when measuring them on the ground) will probably get you 2 inches of drop as there has been 1 leaf removed and the spring ratio has changed.

This is the safest way to get more out of your rear drop. DO NOT RUN A MONO LEAF with the overload, this is very unsafe. The main leaf is not designed to bend (and have that much movement) on its own. Just imagine running down the freeway at 60 mph and BANG .... oh my rear end is no longer attached to my truck. Not only will your truck be toast but someone may get hurt that you are now liable for.
slambert   +1y
So if i straighten them out then i will move the bolt eyes on the main spring? Wont i need to cut the brackets off the chassis and re weld them in a new position? Or will they literally not move by much?

Yeh im a little sceptical about the mono leaf, i still want to use the truck as a truck just with not massively heavy loads.

I planned on chalking the profile of the spring on the work bench and pressing each spring individually to achieve the same profile as once iv done the first then i can mark the new profile and bend the others to the template marked.
sierrax   +1y
They will bolt right back into the same mounts, you don't need to touch anything on the frame or the spring. You are right as they don't move that much.