threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  how low can i go?

how low can i go?

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1640
replies 10
following 5

dangersoulylow   +1y
How low can I actually go with out C-NOTCH or any other mods...
I currently have a 3 inch drop in the rear and it's evened out in the front so i think like 2 in i bought it like that. So here is what i want to do please let me know your inputs..
I want to have leaf and the main leaf in the back and keep the 3 inch blocks back there (should be same as a 5-6 drop in back). and i want to even it out in the front. i have a few concerns and they are :
1. will i have clearence with a 17in rim with a 45 series tire?
2. how much camber will i have on the front?
3. is there a way to fix the camber in the front with out buying a bunch of parts. if ya'll have pics it's appreciated thanks
91adzam   +1y
I reindex the front of mine 3 to 4 splines an pulled all leafs beside the main an ooverload with a 4 inch block I'm running 215 45 17 but the rear axle hits frame bout as low as u can go with out doing a baby notch but the camber iisn't to bad but that's me I like nagitive camber looks good lol but u might rub fenders up front jus roll them if so
low_life77   +1y
He's right I have 4 inch blacks and the two inner leafs removed no bump stops and indexed 3 splines on the torsion bars and no bump stops. Lowered all around about 7 inches no rims just stock with 195/70/14 tires minimal camber slight tread wear in the inners but nothing major. Any lower and you will need a c-notch. I left the stock rear shocks to have longer travel but if I hit large bumps or dips I will hit axle to frame but just cruising low and slow I'm fine.
sierrax   +1y
A 4 inch block with a mono leaf in the back is just about the most unsafe thing that I have ever heard. Do not do that!

Keep the 3 inch block you have in the back and take your leafs to a spring shop and have them de arched. They may take one of the leafs out when they rearch them. I haven't done it in years but if I can remember right they charge an hours labor to do it. That is the cheapest and safest way for everyone to get a big drop in the back.

Personally I would never run a 4" block, it puts the rear end way to high above the leafs. And remember to re torque your U bolts after a few days.
dangersoulylow   +1y
So here is what i did last night. I took one leaf out the back so now i have the main leaf and the thick one what ever that is called. and it gave me about and inch or so drop not as low as i'd like but what are ya gonna do... on the front i just cranked down on the torsion bar bolt till i got what i kinda wanted. I get a little bounch when i hit a bum which is fine... other than that it's ok... i am kinda wish i had smaller rims and tires so i would be lower... but it is what it is till i bag it out in the next year or so... anyway here was the end result after about and hour and a half of work.

thread post photo

thread post photo
capri347   +1y
What kind if wheels are those?i like those lol trade you some 14" chrome factories lol also have you thought about retorsioning the front? Where you from man?
dangersoulylow   +1y
not sure if i want to trade those are stock mazdas. i am from louisiana but i live in Wa.
you?
capri347   +1y
I was just kidding on trading, however I would like to know the brand name is... Have you thought about getting your rear spring de arched? What part of wa? I'm fixing to move to olympia with my girlfriend
dangersoulylow   +1y
i am in oak harbor.... and they are mazda wheels
capri347   +1y

I see that now sorry lol so do you have any ideas on making out lower?