threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Shock length Monroe 32217 or 32206 or other???

Shock length Monroe 32217 or 32206 or other???

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2213
replies 9
following 4

low_life77   +1y
Need some help guys. I have been doing my research and I'm not asking the typical question "what shocks do I need to purchase when I lower my truck?" I know my options and I know what a lot of guys on here are running. I know that there are Toxic shocks, KYB gas-a-just shocks, Doetsch shocks, Gabriel shocks, and Monroe to name a few. My question is not focused so much on the quality but on the length of the shocks. I will be lowering my B22 static with de-arched leafs, inner two removed, and 4 inch angle blocks with a "c" notch in the rear. Torsions re-indexed 2 splines and bump stops removed in the front and back. I need to replace the front shocks and with a drop of about 4'' in front and I'd imagine about 7'' in the rear wouldn't I want a shorter shock? I looked up on Monroe's website and our OE shock length is 14.375'' ext. and 9.625'' compressed. So to keep from bottoming out shorter shocks are a must.

On Monroe's site I found these which I believe most use or have used P/N 32217 14.375'' ext. (same as OE) and 9.250 compressed. Not much difference from the OE shocks. Here's the link....

And these are the Monroe-matic's for the Isuzu pickup 91 P/N 32206 the ext. length is 12.500'' and compressed is 8.375'' which is about 1 1/4'' difference from stock.

Which do you think would be a better fit for my drop??? Open to suggestions if you want to recommend another shock to run I'm all ears. Thanks fellas!

Chance
massivenuts   +1y
Im running 32206 in the front and stock in the rear. Leafs have been dropped 4 inches which makes them sit flat and restacked them for a soft ride. If I put 4 inch blocks in it would just about drag the front hangers. Rear shocks still have sufficient travel when fully loaded.
thread post photo
low_life77   +1y
Alright thanks man. That's the ones I was leaning towards but a lot of guys always say to run the Isuzu pickup 4x4 and they are the same size and P/N as the Mazda ones I listed same ext. length as OE and just about 3/8'' difference in compressed length so I'm kinda thinking how would that really be any different? So they all confused me after I looked up the lengths on Monroe's site it doesn't really make much since. But the 32206's are the Isuzu pickup's but they are the RWD non 4x4 and in the Monroe-Matic slightly better quality from Monroe. But the lengths have a noticeable difference and I would think would be more of what more guys on here would rather run with static drops. How's the ride quality? I want to order some shocks this weekend so I can drop my truck next weekend!
massivenuts   +1y
Mine rides a little softer than factory. Im not sure what advantages you get running 4x4 shocks if they are the same length/stroke as oem. Maybe they are cheaper?
low_life77   +1y

Yeah I have never understood it either. From what I have read in other threads on here is they are a little stiffer and maybe hold a little more weight. Or are believed to But thanks again man.
dean   +1y
Here's 2 charts with shock lengths and part numbers. I've read several post asking about short shocks. I hope this helps.
... hSheet.pdf
Here's one for KYB too. ... ecured.pdf
gwjvw   +1y
shocks # 94037 from napa auto parts 8.3 inches and they rock... 32217 (9.25 in) shocks can kick rocks!!!
dean   +1y
Well it looks like both of my charts have disappeared. That's to bad. Here's a new Monroe list.
low_life77   +1y

Well the 32206's for the Isuzu pickup 2WD from Monroe are 8.375'' compressed that's what I was leaning towards, but if you are suggesting the ones you are running I'm all ears. What brand are they and whats the cost? Also how is your ride? Thanks man.
gwjvw   +1y

70 bucks, sounds like they are pretty much the same compressed height? Probaly made by the same people? Mine are blue and i forget who makes them monroe? 7602476632 napa. if you really want to ask them ?'s
Page 1 of 1