threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Static drop...NEED HELP WITH SHOCKS!!!

Static drop...NEED HELP WITH SHOCKS!!!

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2470
replies 9
following 2

low_life77   +1y
What's up guys my names Chance,

I'm new to Mazda scene just purchased a 93 single cab B2200 in good condition with 103k original for 2 bills Eventually I want to get crazy with it and bag it, BD it ect ect. But for now I've got to get this thing low I hate wheel gap on anything unless it's 4x4. Otherwise slam that bitch! For now tho I plan on re-indexing the torsions 3 splines and possibly flipping the lower ball joints removing the bump stops up front. And for the rear 4" angled blocks remove the 2 inner leafs and remove the bump stops. My question is for you guys running or that have ran a low static drop, what shocks are you running or work the best? I have seen ppl run Toxic, Monroe, Isuzu pups, and KYB gas-a-just. Anyone know what will get me a decent ride without bottoming out and keep her low. P/N's would be great too haha. Please help!
massivenuts   +1y
Monroe 32206 up front, factory at the rear. Rides mint and sits nice.
" target="_blank
low_life77   +1y

Nice man I'm diggin your truck! And thanks for the info. I've seen a lot of guys running those, and the factory ones in the rear won't bottom out with a 4" block and 2 leafs removed?
massivenuts   +1y

Leafs have been reset 4 inches with 1 removed. I can put 2 bikes on there and still have 2 inches of travel in the shock.
low_life77   +1y

Alright cool that works for me. I'm curious about the Toxic shocks how they ride compared to the Monroe.
low_life77   +1y
Anyone running the Toxic shocks with a static drop???
low_life77   +1y
????I'd like to know how they ride????
I know dropping static makes for a rougher ride usually but with good shocks it will help as long as they aren't so stiff that it makes me bounce down the road. Again I'd like to know other options or suggestions I know there are other guys running static drops then just massivenutz. Help a brotha out
massivenuts   +1y
Off the shelf shocks won't affect the ride its in the torsion bar. When you wind them right down there is jack all tension on them and they ride soft like a boat. Ive got drop arms in mine and the ride is too soft for my liking. I priced up some adjustable bilsteins for it that would firm the front up some but the cost was not worth it. Unless your riding on the bumps then it will be hard as shit. Happy medium seems impossible too find for a static drop.
low_life77   +1y

Hahaha yea I figured on a static drop it would be difficult to get a good ride lol makes sense bro. What do you mean about winding the torsion bars right?
massivenuts   +1y
Winding them right down to drop it.
Page 1 of 1