Page 1 of 3
Mazda Lowering Static \  lowering the B

lowering the B

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 6010
replies 24
following 11

z2000   +1y
So I want to lower my 87 b2000. I have 17 inch sequoia rims with 215/45 tires. I'm wanting to do a 2 inch block then reindex the torsion bars. Does anyone have any pictures of a b with 2 inch blocks and reindexed tortion bars?! I just want an idea of what it would look like
post photo
post photo
myrtle86   +1y
This is somewhere between 2 and 3" of drop in the rear. Torsion bar bolt backed out 3\4 the way.

Crewcab Steve
post photo
post photo
ulrich   +1y
thread post photo

2" blocks, all leaves in place, bump stops unmodified.

Torsions turned one spline, and adjusted. Bump stops unmodified.

215/65r15 on Montero alloys

Stock length KYB Gas-a-just all 'round.
z2000   +1y
Damn that's a sweet ride bro! Very clean! I want it maybe a bit lower than yours. My tires are a bit skinnier. Maybe 3 inch block. How difficult is it to adjust the tortion bars?
Thanks for the pictures!
ulrich   +1y

It's not hard. Just follow the tutorial above. Don't half ass making marks in step 5. I did, and it was a slight PITA.

Any lower than about 2" in front, and you'll need shorter shocks. Apparently, late '80s to early '90s Isuzu p'up shocks work well.

Your tires have a 1.4" shorter diameter, so you'll pick up 3/4" drop there. (and crappier fuel economy, inaccurate speedo/odo)
chaserjohndoe   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

here's a 3 inch drop with turned torsions. 215/60r15 front and 235/60r15 back. wheels are from an early 90's Nissan truck.
z2000   +1y
Okay so I'm having issues with the lowering blocks. I figured out how to adjust the tortion bars. The rear is giving me all the trouble. So I got my block kit from auto zone. Its a 2 inch.
So there is a bolt that is coming from the bottom of the axle that connects the leaf springs to the axle my blocks don't have holes through the center of them. They have a hole on one end and a nipple on the other... Do you guys remove that bolt or what? I'm stumped!
sincitylocal   +1y
It isn't part of the axle. That's your alignment pin. The block acts as an extension of it. Remove the U-bolts, set the block on the pin, and the axle on the block. Then put your new U-bolts in and tighten them equally.
thread post photo
fdugn545   +1y
Here's mine as of now, it's about as low as u want to go unless u want to notch your frame, mine has the torsions indexed 4 splines and 4 inch blocks and mono leafs on the rear
Keep in mind mine doesn't have bumpstops in front or rear. Which if u go anywhere near as low you'll need to trim down at the very least.

thread post photo

Fred

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
z2000   +1y
Yeah my leaf doesn't look anything like that there is a bolt coming from the bottom of the axle that goes through the leaf springs and bolts to the bottom of my lower shock mount where the ubolts mount... Its weird