threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  Options for lowering with towing capabilities.

Options for lowering with towing capabilities.

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2609
replies 7
following 7

man of tercel   +1y
So this is all still hypothetical, hafta get the truck running first. But assuming my tire size will be the same as stock, although 16's are what I plan on running. I really want to drop 4-5 inches and still be able to tow my 16ft aluminum boat sometimes on the weekends. (Not very heavy, but still something adding weight on the bumper)

Is mono leaf with overload on top and 3" blocks a bad idea? Should I stick with all the leafs and just go with bigger blocks? I don't want to get into bags, just work with what I've got. Anyone had experience with towing and lowered without bags? Looking for a good direction to take this truck. Want it to be unique and still pull my boat. Right now it's just your everyday run of the mill b2000. So some ideas and helpful criticism would be appreciated.
mymmeryloss   +1y
I wouldnt monoleaf if u are wanting to tow. I have no experience with it, but yeah...
alittlelow   +1y
u could get the air shocks for the rear and be able to still tow
vajr86   +1y
I cranked torsion on my old old truck so I was ridin bump stops and just made a 4" lowering block for rear. Left all leafs in and it was great. Loaded the box with dirt and anything else and never had problems.
emjay   +1y
Keep the overload and get the leaf springs de-arched. Mine is lowered probably 5" and I tow my truck bed trailer with it all the time. Trailer is probably 500lbs and have had 600 in it.
Post was last edited on Mar 23, 2014 01:03. This post has been edited 1 times.
anguswilly   +1y
You can get the leafs de-arched and add a leaf to the pack, my last truck was like that and had no issues at all.
charlesskelter   +1y
With 3
anguswilly   +1y
I towed a 19ft boat lots with my last truck - the suspension worked out great.
Page 1 of 1