Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  MazdaRod: Things Just Got Lower

MazdaRod: Things Just Got Lower

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1928
replies 17
following 7

mazdarod   +1y
Worked on th truck a bit today. It used to be raked up in the rear end so I did some experimenting to see what it would take to level it out. I ended up removing the overload sping and one additional leaf in the rear plus a 3" block. I'm happy with the new stance, now back to polishing the wheels.
post photo
post photo
anguswilly   +1y
Nice truck, curious where you got those wheels - any pics of the backside? I sold a custom set a long time ago and those look like them.
norcallumps   +1y
Diggin the wheels too

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
mazdarod   +1y
Thanks guys! I bought the wheels off Craigslist around 2008 timeframe.
mazdarod   +1y
Next step will be to notch the frame out back. I need to create some more room for travel. I currently only have about an inch of travel which gets absorbed just in variations of the road.
anguswilly   +1y
I's love to see a pic of the welds on the back side of the rims, I bet those are mine since the offset does not look like how they came from boyds in 6-lug.
mazdarod   +1y

The backsides looks like a factory job / no signs of rework but next time I have them off I'll take a photo for you. Working on polishing them up, they haven't been deep cleaned and polished for almost 5 years so it's become quiet the project. I've finished the drivers front (9hrs) and about half way complete with the drivers rear.

Do you build or sell wheels?
nlsolja123   +1y
What DiD you do to lower the front. And all the rear has is monileaf correct
anguswilly   +1y

Well I would be able to tell the welds if I saw them, I do custom wheel rework and those were a project for my truck to see if I could change the offset. The way they came had almost no lip and the is why I noticed yours right away.
anguswilly   +1y
Do you have a power ball to polish with? How bad are they? I like the power ball but you gotta pick the right shape. I also like the never dull wadding polish - for me it's the fastest.

Once you are done polishing, you can use zoopseal to seal them and you'll almost never have to do it again.