Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  lower front end

lower front end

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1618
replies 10
following 6

91adzam   +1y
so i lowerd my front end with torsion bars but how can i get it lower than what it will let me smaller shocks mabey?
mymmeryloss   +1y
U can only go so low before your suspension binds and u will need bags
sincitylocal   +1y
Flipping the lower ball joint will give you another 3/8".
anguswilly   +1y
Flipping the balljoint has never been necessary for me personally, but lot of guys do it - it's not hard to do but for 3/4" maybe not worth it.

Few things I always do:

- Buy the DJM lower arms

- Make sure you are re-splining the torsion bars and not just loosening them

- If not using the DJM arms, remove the bump stops entirely (you can go almost as low without the arms but camber will suck and ride will be worse)

- You need to cut a small corner off the shock tower or it'll hit the upper arm

- Get short shocks, the DJM or the Belltech - I use the 2002 Xterra shocks, works great.

You can get it low enough that the tire will hit the wheelwells this way. (or depending on your tire height, you'll hit the lower crossmember.

These trucks are so easy to lower, that is why I have stuck with them for over 17 years.

In the rear, I like to de-arch the leafs.
91adzam   +1y
sick i jus got 4 inch blocks on the back an as low as i can go with the torsen bars but im like its not low how i want it thanks aprchate the help
mazdamobber   +1y
Where would you even take the leafs to dearch them? A machine shop?
mazdaron   +1y
Belltech still makes lower leafs. They are fairly inexpensive. Look them up.
anguswilly   +1y

Look up a suspension shop or spring shop in your area, the process is simple although requires a press and the know-how to do it.

About $100 or so per leaf or less.

They can be de-arched till almost flat - you can get 6" or more of drop and you won't affect the ride much.
anguswilly   +1y

Yes, they do cost about $300+ a pair.

The issue is that they only lower by 3" - so you'll need to add blocks, and my biggest issue with blocks is that I got a lot of axle wrap.
91adzam   +1y
yea i seen those bellteachs but figured jus takein leafs out would be the same almost since those look like a single leaf