Mazda Lowering Static \  Vibration Help

Vibration Help

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 803
replies 7
following 5

buddyjr   +1y
Hey All,

New member here... I recently picked up a 92 B2200 Extend Cab and this past weekend i decided to lower it. I use a 4" angled Block for the rear and cranked the torsion bars for the front. Problem is that i now a vibration up until about 20 mph or so. I'm pretty sure its from the pinion angle being out of whack but am hoping that others on here running the 4" blocks could tell me what they did to solve this problem. The local parts store sells a 2 degree and a 4 degree shim kit but I'm not sure which one i should get or if there is anything else that i could do to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
unklechuck78   +1y
Do you have an angle finder you need to see how far out the pinion is out before you shim it. I have never used that big of a block I have always used a 3 and took most of the leaf springs out. Hope this helps.
buddyjr   +1y
I do not have an angle finder. Do you know what the correct angle should be? I can probably figure out the angle with some redneck ingenuity, lol. Thanks.

Anybody else? I've been searching this forum a lot and know that there's a bunch of people running the 4" block on extended cabs... Are y'all telling me I'm the only one that has ever had this problem?
coloradolowlife   +1y
you may have had a u joint going out before you dropped it....i am running a mono leaf with a 5" notch and 3" blocks.....more drop then a 4" block and ive had no issues with the angle yet...with an ext cab b2600i
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
I've run 4" blocks on my extra cab for years with no vibration. Check your U joints and carrier bearing.
buddyjr   +1y
Awesome, thanks guys. I'll check everything out this weekend. Do y'all know if the u-joints are pressed in? Just wondering so I know if I'll have to take to a shop or not seeing how I don't have a press. Thanks again.
spacemonkee23   +1y
Here are a couple different links to U-Joint information discussed over at mazdatrucking.com, give 'em a read and see if they answer your questions about U-joints.

?
buddyjr   +1y
Sweet, thanks.
Page 1 of 1