Page 2 of 3
Suspension \  LOOKING FOR AIR BAGS

LOOKING FOR AIR BAGS

Suspension Isuzu Tech
views 4970
replies 22
following 7

sundown   +1y
new bags arent that expensive, i'd buy new if it were me. that way you know what your getting.

as for what to buy, everyone has thier brand loyalties and all, me I stick with the firestones. Tried, true, and durable. 2500's (part number 255) for the fronts and 2600's for the rear (part number 224c)

single 3/8" port on my bags wich is just fine and way fast for me, actually too fast. But Jason sells them on his site, thats where I got mine from.
isuzueh   +1y
how is the clearance issues on the front with the 2500's?? and hows the lift is that on stock control arms too?
eatinpavement   +1y

talk to rick tell him bill from south louisiana refered you
ablaydes   +1y
yeah new bags are like breakin out a condom
jester2   +1y
2800 for 2 of them
sundown   +1y

for sure it is kind of tight but I have about an 1" of clearance on both sides of the bag, meaning the frame side and the spindle side. For my bodystyle isuzu, 81-87, no more than 2500's on the front.
As for lift on the stock control arms, the truck raises up above stock ride height by about 1.5-2". The only problem is that she wont lay down all the way in the front when aired out. The reason is the ball joints range of motion is at its limit. I am about .5" from laying the front frame down on the pavement. Drop spindles would solve that problem, but they dont make 'em for my body style. I'm thinking of doing the S10 spindle/ball joint swap/fab project. Or I might just take a pie cut section out of the LCA and re-weld it up. I'd like to do the s10 swap though...better range of wheels avail.
isuzueh   +1y
hmm thanks for the info definetly something im ognna look into doin.....I have air lift's on the front of mine and i don't get all that much lift
jester2   +1y
slams in the front i had it on mine crazy lift
isuzueh   +1y
did they require any notching of the frame