Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  Narrowing frame

Narrowing frame

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2776
replies 15
following 5

mpenner49   +1y
Anyone NArrowned there frame to make room for some wide slicks? My frame is rusted to shit so i am thinkign i wanna cut back of frame off and narrow it for slicks and jack motor up and drag it
rutter0907   +1y
yes, ihave narrowed a mazda frame so i could put 18x12's on the rear of my mazda. what do you need help on? mike
mpenner49   +1y
Was this a hard thing to do? Costly? What kinda application did you narrow this for? Any headaches when doing it? and tricks to doing it?
rutter0907   +1y
it tok a little time of course. strip everything off so you have just the frame sticking out back of your truck.cut off frame right behind cab and weld on new piece that would connect from one frame rail to the other(driver side to pass side). i used a fairly beefy piece 1/4" wall i think 4x6. and actually used parts off of mazda frame to make a built in safety loop on that piece. then next is to decide how much narrower you need the back half. there's a round bar approx. where rearend is, you can cut that and put a small piece of tubing back in and reweld or make a new piece. on the very rear i used a piece of 3x3 square tubing to connect the rear frame together. once you've got back narrowed you reattach it to the new piece that was welded to the frame rails behind cab. send me your email address and i can send some pictures.
mpenner49   +1y
My email is Did you use just beefy rectangual stock? 4x6 rectangal straight back except for where the frame archeds for axle?? I think picture would be worth a thosaund words!
mpenner49   +1y
Gonna give me some tips?
mpenner49   +1y
Do i have to put Factory arches in there? Should i make it like a box? Anyoen have pics to show me what they did?
mark   +1y
it's like a typical backhalf job bro...but with narrow frame rails

narrowed mazda backhalf....2x3x.25wall box tubing

383 stroker - 440hp @5500 according to his profile, wouldnt doubt it

top view

BD, chop top, on 20s
mark   +1y
the rear wheels are 20x13.5inch boyds
rutter0907   +1y
i've got some pictures on mini truck zone gallery under name of truck maztang. i'll try to take some more to put on there. i didn't have a digital camera when i started doing the back end. mike