threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  bags in the winter?

bags in the winter?

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1454
replies 11
following 8

nothinbutcowboy   +1y
Hi all, so i've owned my mazda for 2 months now, and i did a static drop, i pulled to leafs and added a 3" block in the back, and cranked the torsions way down in the front. This has to be my daily driver right now. Does anyone have any experience with bags and canadian winters? I've heard rumours that your valves can freeze, and your stuck. Obviously salt can't be too good for the bags... but is it possible? Would a juice setup hold up any better in the winter? I should prolly just wait till next spring, and buy a winter beater...
mark   +1y
i've been through GA winters lol, lowest it gets here in atlanta is probably around 10degrees fahrenheit, give or take a couple

my valves froze, was a pain sometimes...i had to grab a warm wet rag and rub the valves until they came unstuck...then just lift the truck and leave it there

semi trucks use antifreeze for their air systems during winter so their valves do not freeze, some ppl use the same stuff...it works...not sure about the salt, i'd be more worrieda bout the coldness cracking the rubber on the bag if it gets that cold up there
nothinbutcowboy   +1y
do they put salt on the road where you live? because up here they layer the roads in salt, it is brutal. I've seen the rust, and damage done from salt, i would think it would chew through the bags, or the lines even
grantkustoms   +1y
snow is no big deal but if you have salt be careful. We have sand when there is snow, i have driven in snow, rain , hail it's all good
phatkix   +1y
i don't know, but my truck drifts like hell in winter lol
nothinbutcowboy   +1y
if i gave it a good bath, say 3 times a week, do you think it would survive? or am i better off waiting, ... see i am anxious, but i don't wanna waste money either
whynotfab   +1y
hey, i forgot to ever check up on this.. but it sounded like a good idea.. check truck stops for 'air brake antifreeze' i dont see how it would hurt anything, maybe put a little in our tanks and itd help with the valves freezing problem a little. my brothers stick in the winter a little, we just tap on them and wait a little bit.. kind of inconvenient at times
mullet   +1y
Some of our trucks had sticky valves when we went to Blood Drag last Febuary.. man that was so cold. But thats a good idea.
tskb2200   +1y
one of my friends put his valves behind the bench seat and vented them outside the cab and it seemed to work really well. he did this cause he was tired of his valves freezing.
nothinbutcowboy   +1y
what about up under the hood? then the engine could keep them warm?