Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  installing a dual needle air gauge

installing a dual needle air gauge

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1686
replies 7
following 2

drpdmazda   +1y
has anyone installed dual needle air gagues? i have two manual dual needle gagues i want to install to monitor my ride height etc, since i am developing a slow leak on the passenger side. has anyone done it before and if so what all is invlolved can you do a brief walk me through on what it involves, parts and install etc

thanks
whynotfab   +1y
First of all depending how your valves are assembled, youd have to tap into or branch off of the assembly AFTER your fill valve.

Lets say you used a brass T.. instead of using reducers and branching off, possibly slowing down your speed.. try to find someone to drill and tap the brass T for a 1/8" NPT fitting. you can even pick up the tap at lowes for like $5.

Then you basically run small line, 1/8" from each of those Ts to each of your gauges fittings.

Here's an example of the fittings added to the Ts I use:

thread post photo

Hope that helps some, also.. if your gauge is anything like the ones I usually use.. itll be a pain in the ass wrapping teflon tape.. I found it easier to use liquid teflon for those small fittings on the back of the gauges. the mounting screws/light fixtures got in my way. let me know if you need help with getting the line/fittings.

Good luck man
drpdmazda   +1y
thanks man i really appreciate the help i will let you know how it turns out
whynotfab   +1y
cool, glad i could help some. you plan on doing anything custom with them? like the mounting.. its sometimes hard finding spots.. for me at least lol.
drpdmazda   +1y
i am probably going to put them where the factory heater knobs are for now, the only problem that i see with the tapping in the gauges is that i have a non copper fitting for my valves, basically it is the dump on the top, going in to the t fitting with the line going out the side and the fill on the bottom so how would i go about doing that?
whynotfab   +1y
do you mean non brass? if so what type of metal is it? i think you can still tap into it either way.. people tap steel, so the softer materials used in fittings.. brass, galvanized, etc is pretty easy. as for the actual way you have them connected to the T, could you draw a pic in paint maybe lol.. or take a pic if possible?

heres what i pictured, lol

the 2nd is how i do my valves, but the T can be turned in different ways, is yours like the first crappy drawing? haha
drpdmazda   +1y
yeah i meant non brass, dont mind me a bit tired, the drawing you made up is pretty much exactly what mine looks like, that is a big help, i really appreciate it man, if you ever need help in the stereo department or any kind of electrical wiring dont hesitate to hook me up, cause in my eyes what goes around comes around so i owe you a favor

thanks again man
whynotfab   +1y
no problem man, just glad I could help with my MSPAINT skills haha.

if im ever frustrated with some wiring (like i have been plenty of times) ill ask you for some help before i take any chances.. thanks alot!
Page 1 of 1