threads
Page 1 of 3
Mazda Lowering Static \  4 Link Newb Quest.

4 Link Newb Quest.

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 3225
replies 22
following 5

my5t3ry   +1y
Hey guys im new to the scene...i own a 94 jetta slammed on coilovers but I have a truck im about to buy already bagged ...and I have read and looked around at what possibilities there are for bagging ...Well my question is I see many 4 Link systems like by Can-Do and Suicide Doors but none of them supply the crossmember needed correct? ...or the metal to make an area to put your shocks ...I was wondering what people did or if anyone has pics of how the did it ...OR.. can point me in the right direction ...

Also what is the drawbacks to a front triangular 4 link and a reverse ..?
mullet   +1y
Suicidedoors sells a rear kit that comes with an upper bridge bar that you can mount shocks to. However I think it would look cooler to get the shock stud that mounts into your frame.. and mount the shock inbetween the frame rail and tire if room allows. No they don't have a driveshaft crossmemeber included.. thats dead weight. Just go to a metal store and get 2x3 box tubing and make your own.. however outlawmotorsports.biz does make a tube universal driveshaft crossmember with a bend to clear the driveshaft.
my5t3ry   +1y
ok thanx for the help and how thick are the metals or what gauge ...and do you need to box part of the frame in order to make that work and where does the crossmember go ...?
mullet   +1y
the thickness should be 1/4in. To box the rear end of the frame you run a straight pice of box tubing from the end of your frame rail to the other (behind the roll pan). And for the driveshaft crossmember a couple inches back from the cab.. you will mount your 4 link tabs to this bar also.. You want the 4 link bars to be as long as possible so there is less pinion angle change.
mark   +1y
and less forward and backward axle movement
my5t3ry   +1y
ok so you need to cross memebers ok ...just wondering ..in here they weld in a plate to the frame in order to put the crossmember thats necc as well right?

and here is the rear cross member you meant correct...

but here is where im a tad confused ...this is a reverse 4 link right?? ...I dont see another crossmember over the driveshaft ...and if there is and I dont see it sorry for being a fricken moron

or is this a type of bar you mean to go across
schreff   +1y
These bars are welded to the rear crossmember and the axel. Thats how you do it. You need some kind of support between your C notch as well. That should be all you need to support your frame from doing whatever.
my5t3ry   +1y
o so I dont need the front crossmember I could just use the rear and than something for the c-notches right?
schreff   +1y
Well you still need your front tranny cross member. But yea that shoould be good.
my5t3ry   +1y
ok thanx guys