threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  loosening torsion bars??

loosening torsion bars??

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1023
replies 6
following 5

mazdab2200=bestimportruck   +1y
hey i wanted to lower my truck just an inch or two with out spending lots of money to get spindles so i was wondering if anyone who lowered it by doing that to the torsion bars and if they noticed a difference in ride quality and handling.. cause that what im worried about
thanks
2fine89   +1y
Handles a shitload better, umm ya rides like a brick ... lol Honestly it depends how far down you crank them, I'm down quite far thus the crappy ride quality. adjust it a bit and then try it out and find a happy medium for what you need - want. Just keep track of how much you turn each one - count the ratchet strokes or 1/2 or 1/4 strokes whichever works best for you and turn them both down the same amount. (1/4 turns worked best for me). when you get it to a height that you can live with take it in and get it aligned and you should be good to go.
ya i definitly would it hate to handle worse than it already does, if anything i would want it to handle better
mark   +1y
well, cheap hardly equals better...spindles won't help handling, they dont really sell performance suspensions for mazda pickups...u could make your own setup
thetornado   +1y
who needs a comfy ride? i like the feel of how stiff it is, thats how i know im drivin a minitruck!
disciple   +1y
if you cut down your bump stops or replace them lower profile bumpstops you should be able to lower your torsionbars with out causing to much dramas to ride quality and it will improve handling , be sure to drop the rear end as well though you dont want your truck sitting nose down, like 2fine 89 said though make sure you do the two bolts even and an wheel alignment other wise you will chew out tyres in a big hurry
well ya there rear is the easy part, putting blocks in is the least of my worries
Page 1 of 1