threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Lowering Static \  How interchangeable are the early B2000 and the later trucks

How interchangeable are the early B2000 and the later trucks

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 988
replies 3
following 3

knuckle dragger   +1y
First off Hi

I have a 83 B2000 and I plan on lifting it. I know it goes against the grain here but I know you guys will still like me

With the larger tires I'm going to need/want power steering. Since the early B2000 didn't come with power steering my question is how interchangeable are these trucks?? Is there a later model truck I can get the box and pump from, with out a ton of fab work? I'm going to add A/C so maybe both at the same time? I'm fairly ignorant about these trucks at this time.

And since we are on the subject of lifting the truck, does anyone have an idea where to get a lift kit for an 83. No one seems to have anything for a truck this old. I may have to piece one together my self, but I would rather not.

Thanks for any help

Dave
mullet   +1y
i would try to find an aftermarket steering assembly, or something like that. You could probably pickup a steering coloum w/ box and pump at a junk yard.. but there would need to be a lot of fab work to do it. I'm not familiar with those suspensions.. is it torsion or coil front end or what? You can find lift kits for leaf springs quite easily, but the front is always the toughest part.
mark   +1y
the pre 86 mazdas are the same trucks as the Ford Couriers, may want to try the Couriers, they may have PS boxes that may bolt up since they are the same trucks

there may be similar others such as the old Datsun pickups

goodluck bro
knuckle dragger   +1y
The fronts are coils, yea for me. I think I'll buy a body lift kit for the 86-up trucks and see how much I need to modify.

How different are the 86 2.2 engines from the 83 2.0? I guess I'll have to hit a "pick a part" yard with some measurements and see if the boxes will work. I already thought of the Courier thing, no dice for power steering.

Thanks for the replies.
Page 1 of 1