Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  Question about static drop on my Mazda

Question about static drop on my Mazda

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1670
replies 11
following 6

madmazda   +1y
Hey guys, had a few questions about dropping my truck in the back...
Any suggestions for the front...other then torison bars cranked and how low can i get with 4" blocks and the middle leaf removed? im currently stock height, 12"in the front and 14" in the rear, damn it sucks....GIMMIE SUGGESTIONS or HELP, All will be appreicated!! Thanks!
mark   +1y
you can get drop spindles from aim, get those so you dont have to crank the torsion bars so much

and the back, 4inch block with middle leaf removed should put you bottomed out on the bump stops
madmazda   +1y
I'm purchasing some 3" lower control arms...any problems with these? and how low could i get it if i had those 3" lower control arm? and what could i do to make it lower...Any suggestions? it'll all be appreicated.
mark   +1y
those will work as well, i personally haven't had experience with them

those arms will give you an initial 3inch drop, then from there you can crank the torsions down until the bumpstops touch...wouldnt recommend it, but thats the lowest you can go static drop, unless you cut the bumpstops. there is a guy on here with a static drop mazda that was on the bumpstops up front and bottomed out on the rear as well, it was crazy low...he's bagging his truck now i think

here is his truck

mark   +1y
what you can do is that 4inch drop block and take the middle leaf out...that should get you pretty low in the rear. so you wont bottom out on the frame, buy a bolt in Cnotch for 50bucks from and you should be set...and the front just get those drop control arms, and crank the torsions down until you get the stance you want. dont forget to get it re-aligned after you lower the front
madmazda   +1y
Thanks mark, i wanna eventually bag it this winter, so i think i'll hold off on the bolt in c-notch, cause to me if im gunna to bags, i'll wait, im gunna be ordering some new bumpstops for the front that are smaller, and maybe in the rear also...but most drop kits that you buy for mazda, they have a shim kit, becuz of the angle of the 2 piece drive shift im guessing, well i got a 2 piece i dunno about anyone else, i would image so...but anyways will i have a hope or anything on fast accellerations? and also whats the point of using drop spindles if im gunna be using 3" lower control arms, will it even work at the same time?
mazm   +1y
i know the guy that has the white mazda, he has the front bagged
blare   +1y
honestly why are you gonna waste your time and money if you plan on bagging it? Just hold out till winter. Trust me if you plan on riddin bumpstops or close to them, the ride is gonna suck ass
mullet   +1y
he says trust me.. hahahahahaha. I agree tho.. ordering new bump stops, and all these drop kits are a waste of time and money if your going to bag it out in the very near future. You can also mess up your vehicle more by static dropping it.. because u can't lift over the armadillos running accross the road.
Mike
mark   +1y
those armadillos in phenix city were huge