threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lowering Static \  Question about redrilling hubs and stuff?

Question about redrilling hubs and stuff?

Mazda Lowering Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2088
replies 13
following 8

mpenner49   +1y
I want to get a more genric easier to find lug pattern. Someone said soemthign to me about getting them redrilled. What is redrilling? What do they do? Is is expensive? Can I use all my stock parts?
bigroy_80   +1y
there person i had do mine is on ssm and charges 200 for the front and also does the rear if need be, but i would recommend using an older toyota rear end since its helps in 2 ways: 5 lug and narrower so its much easier to tuck in the rear...if thats what you plan that is
mpenner49   +1y
No, not looking to tuck. My truck is getting a Small Bock Ford that is gonna be worked up a lil. Gonna be a sleeper. I just wanna have 5 lug. Can any machine shop do this kinda work? IS it difficult? expensive? Can they do the rear drums?
mark   +1y
yes you can get the fronts re drilled...just take the hub out...its good on a mazda front cause the rotor is not connected to the hub unlike some trucks

and the rear, you could get it redrilled...but i'd just rather do a 5lug yota axle, because you want it narrower anyway so you can fit a wider wheel in there w/o looking retarded having your wheel stick our 2inches

since you are building a mild 302, then i'd get a ford 9inch, get that shortened, and fit it in the rear...or a ford 8.8, you can get them from explorers, 4.0 rangers, some F150's and such
mpenner49   +1y
What year Yota rear axle would i be looking for? How much work is it to put one in? Are they a good rugid rearend?
dawgsledmazda   +1y
I make tube arms for these that will fit toyota spindles. then you can have 5 lug and use the older toy rear axle and that allows you ro run wider wheels and change the gear ratio if needed
pro-rabbit   +1y

You posted in a few other posts about lug changes. If you could ever get pics of your work you might get people to buy your product. I have asked several times and have yet to see your work. Help us all out and post up so we can order some. Also it might help if you list and post pics of everything you do for mazdas, also include what all has to be done to make the swap work.
mullet   +1y
whoa there killer.. don't question Mike White's capabilities on mazdas.. he sells some killer stuff.. mosty control arms and they also have a KILLER universal watts link. here is a pic of their banner on their website.

mullet   +1y
by the way.. yes that is a mazda, w/ a custom frame set up for right hand drive, parallel 4 link with the byc watts link and all powered by a 350 chevy. The upper dash, windshield fenders and hood have been molded together and it flips straight up in front.. never seen it in person but i hear it stands like 8 feet tall.. pretty impressive.
pro-rabbit   +1y
I was not meaning to be an a** just pics of the product and a layout of what needs to be done for install would help us all. I have seen several posts were he mentions them, but no other details are left. Just looking for some info so we can have an easier time with modding our trucks.